Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Karen Page's Death

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve of Karen Page's death?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Karen Page's Death Reply with quote

Do you approve of Karen Page's death in MK DD#5?
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I voted no. By no, I do not mean I don't think KP was an untouchable character. In fact, I think I would have embraced her death, had it not been done so shoddily. I have said it before, and I will say it again: Karen's death was in my eyes a poorly thought out stunt for him to leave a mark on the title. Really, it hasn't done much. Bendis has tried to tie it in, but that has presented its own problems.

KP should have gone out like a champion, and she did not.

JR.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted no for the same reasons as JR. Well said by the way.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no. It was handled so, so poorly. It was just a joke.

Karen comes back and has AIDS? What? I don't...oh wait..she doesn't have AIDS...okay...oh but she just died. Okay. What? Well who made her think she had AIDS? Why? Did Mysterio mean to have KP killed? If so what's this AIDS crap? If not why is Kingpin saying "touche"? Is Smith trying to show us that Kingpin doesn't always know what's going on? If Kingpin thinks killing KP is such a good idea why didn't he do it years and years ago? Wait, why did KP die?

Smiths suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. When you can't write, do somthing shocking. Right Kevin?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

Karen comes back and has AIDS? What? I don't...oh wait..she doesn't have AIDS...okay...oh but she just died. Okay. What? Well who made her think she had AIDS? Why? Did Mysterio mean to have KP killed? If so what's this AIDS crap? If not why is Kingpin saying "touche"? Is Smith trying to show us that Kingpin doesn't always know what's going on? If Kingpin thinks killing KP is such a good idea why didn't he do it years and years ago? Wait, why did KP die?

Smiths suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. When you can't write, do somthing shocking. Right Kevin?

I assumed that Mysterio didn't intend to kill Karen, just made her think she had AIDS. Bullseye killed Karen by mistake, he aimed the club at DD, but Karen got in the way. As for Kingpin maybe he thought that killing Karen was part of Mysterio's plan, but was mistaken.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
james castle wrote:

I assumed that Mysterio didn't intend to kill Karen, just made her think she had AIDS. Bullseye killed Karen by mistake, he aimed the club at DD, but Karen got in the way. As for Kingpin maybe he thought that killing Karen was part of Mysterio's plan, but was mistaken.

But this is exactly my point. Why in god's name would anyone ever include a frame of the Kingpin being mistaken? It just doesn't make any sense. Especially since the fact that the Kingpin was mistaken is never mentioned again.

The reality, of course, is that Smith had no idea what he was doing at the time where he had that bit with Kingpin going "touche". It's obvious that he was just sort of going along and then came up with a super contrived ending.

I'm not against writers killing major characters. They should just take more care while doing it.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
james castle wrote:

But this is exactly my point. Why in god's name would anyone ever include a frame of the Kingpin being mistaken? It just doesn't make any sense. Especially since the fact that the Kingpin was mistaken is never mentioned again.

The reality, of course, is that Smith had no idea what he was doing at the time where he had that bit with Kingpin going "touche". It's obvious that he was just sort of going along and then came up with a super contrived ending.

I'm not against writers killing major characters. They should just take more care while doing it.

Yeah, the Kingpin thing made no sense. If there if they were going to kill off Karen, I believe someone other then Bullseye should have done it. Bullseye killing DD's girlfriends is becomming a cliche.
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Megalo. The reason I put yes is because she became baggage and Marvel probably figured she didn't mean that much in the Marvel Universe. She was becoming too successful too with her radio show and recovery from addiction. What a bitch.

Yeah, I almost expected Bullseye to kill Milla that one issue.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with her being dead. When I first read it I was just getting into Daredevil and didn't realize how much of past she had with Matt, but when I read it again later it had much more power. I think it was done well enough. I thought the funeral was done quite well actually.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevil99x wrote:
I am fine with her being dead. When I first read it I was just getting into Daredevil and didn't realize how much of past she had with Matt, but when I read it again later it had much more power. I think it was done well enough. I thought the funeral was done quite well actually.
Seconded.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: