Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Karen Page Lives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Karen Come Back?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Yes and Castle's Bring 'Em All Back Idea is a Good One
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Karen Page Lives Reply with quote

Just to bite on TMM's post: who here would like to see Karen come back to life? I would. And you know, I don't even care how she comes back. Actually, I've seen a lot of commentary and sort of jokes on the recent "wave of resurections" that is running through comics. Apparently Jason Todd is back over in DC land and I hear the rumour is that Bucky (Bucky for Christ's sake) might be back in Cap. America.

What would be really cool, however, is a Marvel wide cross-over in which there is an actual wave of reserections. That is: bring 'em back. Bring 'em all back. Karen Page, Gwen Stacey. Norman Osbourne, Thundbird, Blink, Agent Driver, Jean Grey, etc. All of 'em. I think the impact on the Marvel U would be really cool. Almost every character's life would be messed up and everyone in the universe would have to deal with all these people suddenly brought back. Gloria could come back too. Whatever, I think it'd be cool.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say no to this. I wish they would leave the dead as dead. I hate what I've seen over at DC about bringing Jason Todd back. The fans voted him off the island, leave him dead. I have been reading the Captain America stuff with Bucky, or the guy who may be Bucky. I like how they're handling it, and since I've never really cared about Bucky I'm actually ok with it, but as a general rule I don't want them bringing back the dead. Karen is quite dead, leave her that way.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen's death was kinda of stupid, but brining her back would be really stupid. I despise reserections on comics, they make death into a joke. If DD is going to be a semi realstic title, death should be treated as a real threat, not a vacation. All these recent resurrections are stupid for the most part. If Karen is brought back, how long before the DD title devoles into this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/218160
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why not? Or better yet, why not just make them undead? The Zombie Marvel Universe could be a whole spin-off reality like the Ultimate line.

Bring back Uncle Ben too, what the hell. It's not like their deaths really mean anything, is it?

[/sarcasm] Very Happy

No, but seriously - death and life is so fluid in superhero comics that if you've got a cracking story to tell that requires the resurrection of a dead character (and you can find a way to do it that allows us to keep our disbelief suspended) then go for it. I don't think there's an option to vote for that though!

My only reservation is that some characters just seem so important to keep dead (like Uncle Ben - his resurrection would completely undermine the essence of Spider-Man) that I'd be hard pushed to hear a story idea that was worth it.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
Yeah, why not? Or better yet, why not just make them undead? The Zombie Marvel Universe could be a whole spin-off reality like the Ultimate line.

OK, I was only joking... then I saw this...

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

(first item)

Shocked
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:

Bring back Uncle Ben too, what the hell. It's not like their deaths really mean anything, is it?

[/sarcasm] Very Happy

No, but seriously - death and life is so fluid in superhero comics that if you've got a cracking story to tell that requires the resurrection of a dead character (and you can find a way to do it that allows us to keep our disbelief suspended) then go for it. I don't think there's an option to vote for that though!

My only reservation is that some characters just seem so important to keep dead (like Uncle Ben - his resurrection would completely undermine the essence of Spider-Man) that I'd be hard pushed to hear a story idea that was worth it.

Yeah, but I don't see the point of brining Karen ,in particular, back from the dead. Karen will always be known as the junkie who sold Matt out, a stain that can never fully be erased. If Karen is brought back from the dead, people may see it as the return of the traitorous junkie, rather than the return of DD's true love.

Besides unless a miracle is pulled off Karen comming back from the dead will be a really silly story, at least Elektra had ninja magic as an excuse, how would Karen come back from the dead?
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, too many love interest died in the book.
For Heather it was normal, even Miller had problem to make her look interesting...
Elektra was only concieved in the way to be killed ( and give a tragic side to the book )
But glorianna and Karen, why.... just why ?
Glori's death was infamous ( well, the whole jack battling era was infamous in fact )
Karen Page had a well written death, but her death has no purpose. It's a mistake. Well, havin'g written her out of the book for sometimes in a not so drastic way may have been interesting. Her return may have been interesting.
But her death was a mistake in my opinion.
The great problem is that in DD's world, dead people can't be brought back ( we don't want the X Men garbage where every X Men died, only to reappear 3 or 4 issues later... )
So I won't vote. I really want her back, but there won't be any good explanation to bring her back from the grave.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
Yeah, but I don't see the point of brining Karen ,in particular, back from the dead. Karen will always be known as the junkie who sold Matt out, a stain that can never fully be erased. If Karen is brought back from the dead, people may see it as the return of the traitorous junkie, rather than the return of DD's true love.

Hmmm... that might make for a more interesting story?
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Master Meglomaniac"]
Dave Wallace wrote:

Besides unless a miracle is pulled off Karen comming back from the dead will be a really silly story, at least Elektra had ninja magic as an excuse, how would Karen come back from the dead?

I don't look at Karen as a "traitorous junkie". At all. I think that her doing what she did in Born Again was completely called for, and that she is Matt's true woman. I think that most people who would view KP in the way that you are simply don't get her character. She is so multi-faceted, which is what makes her bring back worthy.

By the way, they killed aunt may and brought her back; no one complains about that. Personally, I see a really easy out for death to be fake, considering the so called Master of Illusion was involved.

Oh, and I think DD taking on zombie Karen would be one for the record books. She would really improve his rogues gallery. Kind of like Catwoman to DD's batman, but with more zombies.

JR.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JR"]
The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
Dave Wallace wrote:

I don't look at Karen as a "traitorous junkie". At all. I think that her doing what she did in Born Again was completely called for, and that she is Matt's true woman. I think that most people who would view KP in the way that you are simply don't get her character. She is so multi-faceted, which is what makes her bring back worthy.

By the way, they killed aunt may and brought her back; no one complains about that. Personally, I see a really easy out for death to be fake, considering the so called Master of Illusion was involved.

Oh, and I think DD taking on zombie Karen would be one for the record books. She would really improve his rogues gallery. Kind of like Catwoman to DD's batman, but with more zombies.

JR.

How was it called for? She sold him out for fix, the fact she was junkie was completely her own fault. How could Matt ever trust her again?

If you haven't seen complaining about Aunt May's lame "I'm back from the dead" then you haven't been looking hard enough. Many Spider fans were very angry that the "Aunt May" that died in ASM #400 was an actress, it took a while for that to settle down.

Besides if Mysterio faked Karen's death (which wouldn't make sense because Mysterio never planed on killing Karen, Bullseye did that by mistake) Matt would have found her in his building.

I hope your joking about the zombie thing. Ghost Rider should fight zombies, not DD.
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I only empathize with Karen due to my own drug problems, which is a totally personal thing, so I guess I can understand people not getting it. But on the other hand, hasn't there ever been anything you wanted so bad that you just had to have it no matter the cost? Karen wasn't being vindictive in any way, shape or form. She did what she had to do. In a way, I can see it almost being empowering.

I guess time has faded my memory of complaints about Aunt May's death. So be it.

I never said that Mysterio faking Karen's death made sense. In my mind, killing Karen didn't make sense, so the angle wouldn't be too far-fetched in my mind.

And I was totally joking about the zombie thing. Maybe Stanley was right when he said it has gotten to the point that I need to put a smiley after something facetious.

Oh well. As my friend Mike would say, "To each his ones own."

JR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: