Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil and Elektra's Weapons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Blind Lawyer
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Daredevil and Elektra's Weapons Reply with quote

Me and my friend were discussing DD and Elektras weapons, and we didnt really no wich we liked better, Im kinda aiming towards the sais, so what do u guys think?
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. A better question would be: Is DD's club outdated? Should a writer give him a better weapon? Nothing says "I'm not going to kill you" better than throwing two red sticks at your face.
The Blind Lawyer
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hylozoii"]I don't know. A better question would be: Is DD's club outdated? Should a writer give him a better weapon? Nothing says "I'm not going to kill you" better than throwing two red sticks at your face.[/quote]

You do have a point there.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hylozoii wrote:
I don't know. A better question would be: Is DD's club outdated? Should a writer give him a better weapon? Nothing says "I'm not going to kill you" better than throwing two red sticks at your face.

Tell that to Karen Page.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
hylozoii wrote:

Tell that to Karen Page.

wow...touche. Ok..that was funny.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, I admit that it's a bit hard to believe that a red stick can kill a person, even if it's thrown with force.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
However, I admit that it's a bit hard to believe that a red stick can kill a person, even if it's thrown with force.

Bullseye has killed people with playing cards before, so killing people with DD's billy club is not what of the question.
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but that's Bullseye. DD could never do it even if he tried. He'd, at best, give someone a big tummy-ache. I like his clubs, but a cool idea would be a club that extends to a cane or a bo. Some of the best fight scenes are from Man Without Fear when MM fights those street punks with his cane or when Maleev drew MM fighting the Yakuza with a bo.

How many times are we going to see the fight scene where DD misses someone with his throw only for the club to hit some wall and bounce back to strike his opponent in the back of the head?

Even Spidey got his weapon updated via his armor thanks to Stark.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hylozoii wrote:
Yeah, but that's Bullseye. DD could never do it even if he tried. He'd, at best, give someone a big tummy-ache. I like his clubs, but a cool idea would be a club that extends to a cane or a bo. Some of the best fight scenes are from Man Without Fear when MM fights those street punks with his cane or when Maleev drew MM fighting the Yakuza with a bo.

How many times are we going to see the fight scene where DD misses someone with his throw only for the club to hit some wall and bounce back to strike his opponent in the back of the head?

Even Spidey got his weapon updated via his armor thanks to Stark.

DD is not trying to kill people, merely knock them out or disable them, which is why the billy club is such a good weapon for him. Give him a bunch of high tech devices and he will start to look like Batman, plus I hate Spider-man's new costume, he's a street level character, he shouldn't have all this high tech armour, its nonsense. The bo is an interesting idea, it seems to me the billy club would be easier to carry around, with DD having to jump roof top to roof top, all the time.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
Francesco wrote:

Bullseye has killed people with playing cards before, so killing people with DD's billy club is not what of the question.

This brings up an interesting question. Could DD kill a person by throwing his billy club if he wanted to?
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can bend bars by detecting weakpoints in the metal, etc. I'm sure he COULD use his powers to not only pinpoint the exact spot to hit (e.g. someone's eye, etc.), but also the perfect velocity, etc. to kill someone with a his billyclub.
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the What If by Bendis, DD kills the Kingpin by throwing the Billy Club.
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its very do able especially with dd's ninja training and pressure point knowledge. a dull blow to the temple with the billy club could kill a man.

the billy club is just really an extentable (albeit very extentable) pair of nunchukas, a favourite weapon of ninjas, martial artists and turtles, i don't think any update is needed.

altho a dd with a samurai sword would be awesome.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if said Samurai-Daredevil doesn't look like that goof ball drawn by Quesada in DD:Father.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: