Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 8-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Bought/Thought 8-2 Reply with quote

Detective Comics #822 Great stuff. Love these done in one stories.

Batman: Son of the Demon Excellent art and cool story. That being said, I'm kinda disappointed it's now being made canon.

Catwoman: Crooked Little Town TPB Another great Brubaker read. I'm loving these Catwoman stories. Too bad he's off the title.
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detective #822 - Another great issue. This series of one-offs is a fantastic idea. Too often comic publishers and fans get obsessed with long arcs as though everyone has ideas worthy of long arcs like Miller or Moore. Sometimes brevity is the way to go and it certainly is here.

Ex Machina #22 - This book is rounding back into shape. It's recapturing the "global" feel it had when it was first starting out and that only helps the story-telling. It's still a long time since they first mentioned the stars being down with no explaination of it. But I'm feeling better about the direction of the book.

USM #98 - And another book which is getting back to where it once was quality-wise. This issue focused a lot on Peter Parker which, DD fans know, is in Bendis's wheelhouse. It's definitely dialing up and could quickly get back to being major league.

Y The Last Man #48 - BKV seems to be rounding the pieces together for his big finish. I'll be sad when one of my favorite series comes to an end but I'm also ready to have my mind blown. If I had to name my favorite book right now, it would be down to DareDevil and this one. Take that as you will.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDmikeMN wrote:
Ex Machina #22 - This book is rounding back into shape. It's recapturing the "global" feel it had when it was first starting out and that only helps the story-telling. It's still a long time since they first mentioned the stars being down with no explaination of it. But I'm feeling better about the direction of the book.

I haven't picked up this week's issue yet. Is there another reference to "The Stars are down" this issue? I remember Hundred mentioning it as a non-existent Nirvana song that his powers seemed to make a radio play at one point, and it was referenced again during his Gulf War dream in the most recent arc. But we still don't really know what it means, do we? I'm guessing it ties in with the extra-terrestrial nature of his powers, but we'll see. I like long-running mystery elements like this in comics, and I hope Vaughan comes back to it at some point.

DDmikeMN wrote:
USM #98 - And another book which is getting back to where it once was quality-wise. This issue focused a lot on Peter Parker which, DD fans know, is in Bendis's wheelhouse. It's definitely dialing up and could quickly get back to being major league.

I'm reading Ultimate Spidey in Hardcovers at the moment, so I'm still way behind (somewhere in the #60s), but am I right in thinking that this issue is the return of Ultimate Gwen Stacy, tied in with an Ultimate version of the Clone Saga? Sounds like dangerous ground, but I'm keen to see if Bendis can pull it off...
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviews:

Moon Knight #4:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115470682221626.htm

Ex Machina #22:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115469224134011.htm
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon Knight #4 - it's been a busy week, just got through it. This continues to be good stuff. Finch's art is wonderful and Huston's story is starting to come together. Looks like we might get some non-flashback Moon Knight action next issue!!!

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: