Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 9-27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 9-27 Reply with quote

Daredevil 6 HC
Ultimate Spider-man #100
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD #89 - I'm predicting this to be the best issue involving French since the Black Widow talking to Jigsaw. If it keeps going on the trajectory of last arc, it's going to be even better. After some early reservation, I'm fully along for the ride.

Batman #657 - How great have the Batman books been recently? Those of us who have been reading know. But for those who haven't, it's been good enough to start reading BOTH this book and Detective again.

USM #100 - It's amazing this book made it this far. Considering all of the different "repositionings" that a comic book company will try, it's amazing that 100 issues are in the books and the series is still going. And strong enough to keep buying from month to month. Well done, Misters Bendis and Bagley.

Civil War: Frontline #6 - Man, THIS is the fourth book this week. Some weeks are just dynamite. I still think this series has been the treat and highlight of the entire Civil War event.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 #21 - Good stuff, lately. I can't wait to see Ralph Dibny's new fate!

Action Comics #843 - Surprisingly good for a lame alien story. ...next month, we get the Donner / Johns / Kubert team up!!! Cool

Batman #657 - Morrison's writing is good, but Kubert's art is the reason to buy this book.

Captain America - As always, "Brubaker!"

DD #89 - Of course! ...That and Brubaker! Razz

JLA #2 - Issue #1 was AMAZING! Seriously, everyone should check out this book!!!

Secret Six #4 - Good stuff.

Teen Titans #39 - Geoff Johns!

Trials of Shazam #2 - The last issue was insane. Winick is amazing!

Ultimates 2 #12 - Very gripping book
...not getting:

DD HC vol 6. - Unlike DD HC 2, 3 and 4, I just don't feel the need to have these stories in a nice hardcover format...
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE WALKING DEAD - VOLUME 5.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRUD!!! WHAT A HUGE WEEK!! (for me at least).

Action comics 843 - It is okay, not wowing me.
Batman 657-Digging the new direction of this comic.
Batman Journey into Knight. Eh...at least it is the last one in the mini.
Amazing Spider-man-I am really wanting him to turn sides in this issue! Although I cringe at what might be happening to Mary Jane.
Captain America 22-Next to DD, the next favorite comic series out there.
Daredevil-this week keeps getting better and better!!!
Ultimates 2 12- I am very excited for this one. I am afraid it cannot live up to my expectations! We'll see.

Today in the mail I received ESSENTIAL CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 2, ESSENTIAL MOON KNIGHT VOL. 1 and the novel "Already Dead" by Charlie Huston (the writer for Moon Knight). Has anyone read this book? It will be hard to get any work done this week!
Eric
www.meadowcreations.com
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:
HOLY CRUD!!! WHAT A HUGE WEEK!!

Seriously!
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil #89

Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose #40

And the Previews.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
Meador wrote:
HOLY CRUD!!! WHAT A HUGE WEEK!!
Seriously!
I'm glad that's its not just me! I always plan 2 weeks in front once Kuljit posts the Diamond previews, I have a wopping 13 issues, unlucky for some, I don't know how to break it to the wife!

I'll be getting the following:

52 WEEK #21 $2.50 - Getting into this, always tends to be one of my first reads, but will get pushed down the pecking order this week!

AMERICAN WAY #8 (OF $2.99 - Enjoyed this, though I haven't always broke my neck to read it when starring at it in my pile, but a good story non the less.

BATMAN #657 $2.99 - Agree with DDMikes comments, I started getting Batman & Tec from one year later, standard has been very high, especially for two old timers like these. I'm convinced that Dini's run on 'Tec will go down as one of the classic runs of the decade.

BITE CLUB VAMPIRE CRIME UNIT #5 (OF 5) (MR) $2.99 - This has been delayed for a while, love this series, though I must say that I feel that this has been one of the most sexually explicit comics that I've read recently, good characters, I hope that it continues past this mini. A nice, or rather not nice in fact, little world and characters has been created, it would be a shame not to continue now the foundation has been laid.

LOVELESS #11 (MR) $2.99 - Unflinchingly brutal, moody, mean and shocking. I love it, recommended to any western fans. Not for the faint hearted though.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #22 CW $2.99 - I have been waiting for this, Cap has been stunning in the main Civil War title, I want to see how Ed Bru handles Cap in his stand alone title. Most of Cap's stuff under Ed Bru has been Shield based, so it will be interesting how CW and the stand-alone Cap story plays along both during and after the CW conclusion. I wonder how the Red Skull story line will affected if Cap and Shield are not "working" together any more?

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE #6 (OF 11) $2.99 - Really been enjoying this, this has been the meat on the bone as it were for Civil War. Unless you were buying the Tie-in individual character stories, then it was hard to get more CW stories, this has been the perfect companion title.

DAILY BUGLE OCTOBER NEWSPAPER (PP #729) PI - I'll see what this is, they tend to be free anyway, either that or I've been shoplifting items by the till!

DAREDEVIL #89 $2.99 - New arc, want to see where it is going, I think someone may have already posted this, but I wonder if Ed Bru will involve the Winter Soldier and Nick Fury in the DD story arc? For those who don't know, at the end of the last Cap issue, Winter Soldier is on the phone to Nick Fury who tells him to come to Paris. Coincidence? Ed Bru writes both titles? Hmmmm.

DAREDEVIL SKETCH VAR #89 $2.99 - Don't know how hand these are to come by, I may have to give a shop assistant a hand job in the Manga section to guarantee me one! Laughing ............. I'm joking of course by the way, it will more likely be the action figures section! Wink

ETERNALS #4 (OF 6) $3.99 - Not entirely convinced, I've decided that I don't like JRJR's artwork, its too clunky for me, I respect him as an artist, hell I struggle to draw a wage, but I just don't like his style. Sorry John.

PUNISHER #38 (MR) $2.99 - Love the Pun, I have a nasty feeling though that my favourite comic imaginery girlfriend is going to bite the bullet in this arc. Damn it O'Brien you could have been the best imaginery shag ever!!

ULTIMATES 2 #12 $3.99 - The best comic bar none, just wish it would ship more often, but always worth the wait. Please come back Thor, please, please, please.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
ETERNALS #4 (OF 6) $3.99 - Not entirely convinced, I've decided that I don't like JRJR's artwork, its too clunky for me, I respect him as an artist, hell I struggle to draw a wage, but I just don't like his style. Sorry John.

JRJr's pencils are the reason I am not buying this book, despite my love of Gaimen's writing. I couldn't stand his art in Wolverine, ~recent Amazing Spidey, The Sentry, etc. The Sentry is the only recent book I have purchased despite JRJr's art, only because the Sentry is one of my favorite characters of all time and Jenkins is among my favorite writers, as well.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:
Already Dead" by Charlie Huston (the writer for Moon Knight). Has anyone read this book? It will be hard to get any work done this week!
Eric
www.meadowcreations.com

I've read three novels by Huston. They've all been good. Already Dead was ok, but Caught Stealing and Six Bad Things were better. There's a third one in that series that's either out now or out soon. You should check them out.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
ULTIMATES 2 #12 $3.99 - The best comic bar none, just wish it would ship more often, but always worth the wait. Please come back Thor, please, please, please.

You got that right. I haven't been as excited about a comic since... Civil War #4? Smile But seriously, Ultimates is still THE comic to beat.

I'm also picking up Batman, Daredevil, Civil War Frontline, Amazing Spidey and Spider-Man Meets Stan Lee (yes, really). Might look into some of the recent Wolverine Civil War tie-ins too - they look pretty cool.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post, sorry!

Last edited by Dave Wallace on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
DAREDEVIL SKETCH VAR #89 $2.99 - Don't know how hand these are to come by, I may have to give a shop assistant a hand job in the Manga section to guarantee me one! Laughing ............. I'm joking of course by the way, it will more likely be the action figures section! Wink

I did NOT need to know that. I'm steeing clear of those aisles on Thursday. Smile
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come replies aren't made in the Shipping This Week thread Kuljit stickies, are you not allowed to post in it?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndunbar wrote:
How come replies aren't made in the Shipping This Week thread Kuljit stickies, are you not allowed to post in it?

Just blindly following past precedent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: