Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

October 4 shipping list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: October 4 shipping list Reply with quote

Just noticed that 52 is not on the shipping list, is this going to be the first week it doesn't ship.......? (I hope I'm wrong, it would be a hell of an achievement to get this on time all year.)

Or I am just being tooooooooo presumptuous about the accuaracy of the advanced shipping list!
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Mondays when Diamond releases its shipping list, I find that the list for the current week (A) is usually correct. When I look forward to the next week (B), I jot down things from their list and then go to DC's website and add the things that they have listed for that week (B). By the time the next Diamond list comes out the following Monday, Diamond has added those DC titles to week (B). DC's listing for the release of their comics I find are usually right on the money. Marvel's list on the other hand, is usually way off!

I looked at DC's page for the week of Oct. 4 and they have "52" listed for that week.

Eric
www.meadowcreations.com
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:
DC's listing for the release of their comics I find are usually right on the money. Marvel's list on the other hand, is usually way off!

I lurk on dccomics.com quite often for that reason. They generally have accurate schedules 3 to 4 months in advance. (Does not apply to any of Loeb's books. Razz I love Loeb's work, by the way.)

Alternatively, Marvel's website often has schedules that are so inaccurate, they can't even tell me what came out last week. Razz

Still, marvel.com has a much better wallpaper collection!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, is it just me or does marvel.com sort of suck? I find it nearly impossible to navigate and/or use to find any specific information. Why in god's name would they structure things around "families" in the first place. I mean, my specific gripe was that I was trying ot figure out when the Nextwave TPB is coming out. Is that Marvel Heroes or Heroes or what? So I used the search fuction and got to some weird Nextwave page that says zero about the TPB.

I thought nerds were supposed to be good with computers.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just you, if I ever want to get an idea about when a Marvel book will be released, I go to VisionComix. You're right it's impossible to find anything on Marvel's website. I stopped using it to look for upcoming issues/TPB a long, long time ago.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry Kuljit, should I have posted in off topic? If so, humble apologies and please move at your discretion)
Wow Stephen Wacker!!!!
I suppose that being as this thread is losely "52" based, I have just read the following at Newsarama (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=85645.) The comments in the article read true, all the word from the writers and those involved with 52 praise Wacker to the stars etc. This guy will be a real scoop for Marvel, a massive blow for DC, and as per some of the comments from the vipers on the Newsarama board, I am concerned that this may affect 52, which was shipping regularly, great continuity and nothing but a whole hearted success. Good call JQ, but it looks like the next Marvel/DC cross-over event may involve JQ, shackles, a train track & Dan Didio driving!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the countdown to Infinite Crisis, the crisis itself and current One Year Later/52, I have an insane amount of faith in the DC editorial team at large. I doubt that I will even sense a difference in 52, considering the creators are all there, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: