Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The Devil Takes a Ride Part 1 - SPOILERS!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thought:

Most modern (e.g. vol 2) DD writer appear to have brushed up on DD, prior to writing their first issue, by reading Miller's DD. Look at the antagonists, tone, etc., from initial DD work by Smith, Bendis, Quesada, etc. (DD Redemption may have actually been the first sign that Bendis has solidified his own truly definitive DD era to be emulated by future writers.)

In contrast, I'm getting the feeling that Brubaker brushed up on DD by reading the Essential DD volumes, over the Frank Miller Visionary trades. The fact that I'm actually feeling the Stan Lee DD influence from a modern DD writer's work makes me happy like a little school girl because those first ~20 issues will always be among my favorite DD work, far more than the Elektra Saga.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Red Roses Reply with quote

pbblair wrote:
Take a look at the use of roses throughout this issue. The first time I read it, I noticed the ones at the bottom of the stairs (when Matt first notices the scent). They caught my eye because of the emblem on the invitation (a bit of forshadowing with the sword, no?) On the second read, I noticed them in another place as well, which probably influenced another bit of sensory recognition. I don't want to spoil that one... see if you can find it. Now think about the end of the issue-- the time spent walking around gardens that seem to have no roses, but then look at the color of Lily's dress! Perhaps she IS the rose in the garden, eh? Also, Lily--- a flower! Not sure what's intentional and what's a coincidence at this point, but it's worth rereading with these things in mind.

I noticed the flowers in several places, too. Thing is, if you know flowers, you know lilies are some of the most fragrant ones out there, much more so than most roses (especially cut florist roses, which don't have that much fragrance as a rule.) The new woman's name didn't escape me because of that fact alone. Good catch, pbblair!

Maybe all those "wild animal cages" are a hint that Kazar might show up? That would be fun.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbblair wrote:
Take a look at the use of roses throughout this issue.

Richard Fisk once went under the name of "The Rose." Just food for thought. No way am I intimating that the I.V. mystery person is Richard, again, just food for thought.

rgj Wink
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Could we be dealing with Vanessa Fisk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: