Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 10-18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 10-18 Reply with quote

Maybe nothing, maybe Conan #33
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 as usual AND always my first read.

A few items, but most anticipated is that Fables HC with original tales.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 #24 - So looking forward to seeing more from Ralph Dibny!

CHECKMATE #7 - Great spy action from Rucka

FLASH THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE #5 - ...I might hang on in hopes of seeing what happened to Wally and/or Bart not actually being the Flash. If this issue is on the same level as issue #4, I'll probably just drop it.

JOHN WOOS SEVEN BROTHERS #1 - ...John Woo's name on a comic book? Worth a shot, eh?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
52 #24 - So looking forward to seeing more from Ralph Dibny!

CHECKMATE #7 - Great spy action from Rucka

FLASH THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE #5 - ...I might hang on in hopes of seeing what happened to Wally and/or Bart not actually being the Flash. If this issue is on the same level as issue #4, I'll probably just drop it.

JOHN WOOS SEVEN BROTHERS #1 - ...John Woo's name on a comic book? Worth a shot, eh?

Almost worth picking up just to see if there are doves in it. Not quite, but almost.
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Mundi #2

Hellstorm, the Son of Satan. #1
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. So I'll probably pick up a TPB a la Privateer.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDmikeMN wrote:
Nothing. So I'll probably pick up a TPB a la Privateer.
You know you must, you can't leave that shop empty handed, your mind is telling you, "Well I'd have bought 3-4 comics on a normal week so, I might as well buy a trade," there's no guilt to be had. As a reward for having no guilt, you must go a bar, drink yourself silly, chatting to strange beautiful woman all night and go home smelling of beer and covered in lipstick, this should more than make up for that "buying a trade" guilt.

This is why I'm buying 52, my wife said she'd divorce me if I did it again in this year! No trades for me Wink
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was on my "Boys Outing", last week, (For note, please read "boys outing" as a piss up on a canal, not several men all declaring their sexual persuasion!) so I didn't get chance to go to the comic shop, I even barbed Mrs Privateer to go and fetch, but that fell on deaf ears, she told me that "after all the shopping I've bought I couldn't carry any more, besides the bank card is like a wet pototo chip", all of a sudden drinking in the middle of nowhere seemed like a bad idea, just drunk more to forget now! Smile

So this week includes two weeks worth (I got them yesterday, but was tired so haven't even opened a single cover on them yet)

52 WEEK #23 & #24 $2.50 - Slightly annoyed as this is my first time that I've not read 52 on week of issue, but a double helping non the less.
AUTHORITY #1 (MR) $2.99 - Never read one, no nothing about it, thought I'd give it a go.
CHECKMATE #7 $2.99 - Love Rucka, love this series, along with Moon Knight one of my Faves this year. Solid dependable stuff.
DESOLATION JONES #7 (MR) $2.99 - Amazing title, waited for this new story, hope that it continues the high standard of the first arc.
WILDCATS #1 $2.99 - Never read one, no nothing about it, thought I'd give it a go. The only thing I recognise is Grifter who was in Sleeper, so I'm goin' in blind.

DMZ #12 (MR) $2.99 - Enjoying the series, but not top of my list, would sacrifice if I had to.

GIRLS #18 (MR) $2.99 - Great series, starting to reap the benefits of well laid foundations.

ESCAPISTS #4 (OF 6) $2.99 - Enjoying series, one of the biggest surprises for me this year at least, hope that it maintains the level and quality of the writing, flow and pacing.

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE #7 (OF 11) $2.99 - Been waiting for this, most the work has been done, lets start to knock down some of these pins that are lined up now.

POWERS #20 (MR) $2.95 - This has really lost its way, to be fair I am getting it for old times sake and the hope that it can return to normal.

PUNISHER #39 (MR) $2.99 - Top title, great first set up, could be some real carnage, Russian General is a good character, hope that he is not killed off like ever other decent character.

ULTIMATE POWER #1 (OF 9) $2.99 - My pal at the LCS said that this is really really good, he knows what floats my boat, so his recommendation is good enough for me!

Was gutted though, the LCS had sold out or forgot to get me:
ANITA BLAKE VH GUILTY PLEASURES #1 (OF 12) $2.99
ANITA BLAKE VH GUILTY PLEASURES HORN VAR #1 (OF 12)
DAILY BUGLE NOVEMBER NEWSPAPER (Actually they didn't have them delivered being fair)
SAM NOIR SAMURAI DETECTIVE #2 $2.99,
I think that I will have to Ebay for the Anita Blake, Greg Horn covers are wicked! Anyway I'm off, I've got too much reading to do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: