Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Spiderman 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Spiderman 3 Reply with quote

What do you think of the trailer? I saw it on TV and was blown away. It looks like this will be the best Spidey movie Raimi has made. It's true, the symbiote costume takes control!
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this movie. Venom is my favorite Spider-Man villain.
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're trying to put five storylines from the comics into one movie and I pray they won't fail. With Gwen Stacy though? Looks like it will.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, considering Gwen Stacy has to die...nowadays...that's all she's used and known for.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait! Actually I am against Gwen Stacey being in it. They should have had her in the first one and had her be killed by Green Goblin (Norman Osborn). Why do they always have to screw up characters in a movie?
Spoilers

Like Having Doc Ock be a good guy at the end of Spider-Man 2 or having Gwen Stacey in a movie after GG1 is dead?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering where they're going to have the symbiote coming from. Obviously they're not going to do some Secret Wars thing.

I don't think they're going to have Gwen be a very big presence in the movie. I think they just have to have something test the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane.

The one thing I'm worried about is making Harry the new Goblin. For the first time there are two villains, which for me is a big reason why the Batman series went south. But maybe the real focus of this one is the symbiote, and to set up the fourth movie as the Venom story.

I just hope they find a way to sign up Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst for at least one more movie.
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
I'm wondering where they're going to have the symbiote coming from. Obviously they're not going to do some Secret Wars thing.

I don't think they're going to have Gwen be a very big presence in the movie. I think they just have to have something test the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane.

The one thing I'm worried about is making Harry the new Goblin. For the first time there are two villains, which for me is a big reason why the Batman series went south. But maybe the real focus of this one is the symbiote, and to set up the fourth movie as the Venom story.

I just hope they find a way to sign up Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst for at least one more movie.

I hear they Got JJ jr. (Man-Wolf) going to space and bringing it back.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do Venom they'll probably do Carnage. But I don't see Carnage being PG-13 material. In other words I think it should be rated R if they do Carnage.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the sake of Marvel, as many in Marvel have said constantly...Carnage was a low point for Spidey. So I heavily doubt they'll ever put Carnage in a film...
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Demitre is on track here. I think the real struggle in the film will be Peter trying to get the symbiote to un-bond with him. I have a feeling that there will be a cliffhanger where the symbiote will merge with Eddie Brock (telling him Pete's secret and all) who will be shown to hate Peter more and more as the movie progresses. I think the easy way to intorduce the symbiote is to have JJ Jr. bring it back from space. Pete saves the JJ Jr. from a shuttle crash and the symboite merges with Pete.

I kind of have mixed feelings about Gwen. I kind of think they should have brought in the Black Cat instead. This does two things. One, it still gives Mary Jane a chance to get jealous, and Pete tempted. And, two, another character to, perhaps, aid Spidey.

One final note, this is speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that Harry will have a Darth Vader moment and, because of his long friendship, ultimately come to Pete's aid when in desperate need. Of course, throughout the film he'll be fighting Spidey, but in the end . .. . Darth Vader moment. One that could be fatal perhaps. Again, just speculating.

rgj
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
One final note, this is speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that Harry will have a Darth Vader moment...

rgj

You mean that Harry is Peter's father? Razz
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever, I'm still hoping for an hour long Secret Wars segment right in the middle of the movie. And if Reed Richards doesn't show up and shoot the black costume with a weird purple gun I'm going to be horribly disappointed.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Whatever, I'm still hoping for an hour long Secret Wars segment right in the middle of the movie. And if Reed Richards doesn't show up and shoot the black costume with a weird purple gun I'm going to be horribly disappointed.

They can't do Secret Wars. It would cost too much. Plus Fox owns the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four and Columbia owns Spider-Man.
fox_limbo
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher74 wrote:
james castle wrote:

They can't do Secret Wars. It would cost too much. Plus Fox owns the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four and Columbia owns Spider-Man.

I really, really mean no disrespect, but it seems recognizing sarcasm aparently has become a lost art.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox_limbo wrote:
Punisher74 wrote:
james castle wrote:

I really, really mean no disrespect, but it seems recognizing sarcasm aparently has become a lost art.

No, no, Punisher is right. I want a full on Secret Wars. If Hugh Jackman doesn't show up as Wolverine I'm going to be pissed off.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: