Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Rob Liefeld
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rob Liefeld's work (please delete if this has been polled already)
Ya
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
nay
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
meh
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

acnelson
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Rob Liefeld Reply with quote

How does everyone feel about this guy's work?
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is like the 3rd worst artist in modern comics.His anatomy is terrible and he can't even do faces right either.His women look like men and his men look like they're dying of starvation.He puts way to many extra lines in his work.Oh and he can't draw feet to save his life. Evil or Very Mad
acnelson
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you say is worse?

I guess nobody else wants to vote in the poll Confused
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Dillon & Frank Quitely.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Dillon & Frank Quitely? The two worst artists in modern comics? The artists on Preacher and All Star Superman? Ennis and Morrisson are good but they ain't that good.

For my money Quitely is the best artist to ever draw comics. The level of detail and emotion in everything he does is just jaw dropping.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opps

Why aren't you laughing?

Last edited by james castle on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
acnelson
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padding your post count there James Wink

I don't think Dillon & Quitely are ripping people off like Liefeld does. His stuff is rough.
Knatty Dreadnok
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In highschool I got caught up in that whole IMAGE comics deal when he Mcfarlane and that group had that bitter dispute with Marvel. It wasn't until much, much later as an adult that I realized how awful Liefield's (and Larsen's) work was. Shotty artwork (mis-proportioned characters), convoluted stories, no plot, delayed and unfinished work. Multiple loose ends. Blatant copy catting, bordering on copyright infringement! I mean come on Wade Wilson... was bitten off Slade Wilson. The guys a hack, period!
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most amazing story that came out of the Image period was Clairmont leaving the X-Men. Apparently Jim Lee demanded that he have more say in the plotting of the new X-Men title and Clairmont resisted. Marvel unbelievably took Lee's side (because we all know that all great artists can also write) and Clairmont left in a huff. Then not too long after Lee left to form Image to prove once and for all that neither he nor anyone he knew could write.

Why aren't you laughing?
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Steve Dillon & Frank Quitely? The two worst artists in modern comics? The artists on Preacher and All Star Superman? Ennis and Morrisson are good but they ain't that good.

For my money Quitely is the best artist to ever draw comics. The level of detail and emotion in everything he does is just jaw dropping.

Both of these people draw characters with terrible anatomy and all the faces are the same.
Knatty Dreadnok
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me also add, Cable, is one of the worst things to happen to the entire X-Men franchise/mutant genre. Rolling Eyes
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Murdock wrote:
james castle wrote:

Both of these people draw characters with terrible anatomy and all the faces are the same.

I've never noticed Dillon's anatomy to be off in any noticable way at all. As for Quitely, although he has a very stylised, well, style his treatment of anatomy is consistant within that style. I do grant you that both artist tend to draw similar faces but saying that they're all the same is a bit of an exaggeration. He makes Superman and Clark look different but the same but different. Genius.

In any event calling an artist that's won 4 Eisners and a Harvey in the last 5 years the worst artist in the industry is on it's face sad little trolling (all your posts on this board so far have been faux contraversial). Just for fun though, who, according to you are the best artists currently working?

Why aren't you laughing?
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Master Murdock wrote:
james castle wrote:

I've never noticed Dillon's anatomy to be off in any noticable way at all. As for Quitely, although he has a very stylised, well, style his treatment of anatomy is consistant within that style. I do grant you that both artist tend to draw similar faces but saying that they're all the same is a bit of an exaggeration. He makes Superman and Clark look different but the same but different. Genius.

In any event calling an artist that's won 4 Eisners and a Harvey in the last 5 years the worst artist in the industry is on it's face sad little trolling (all your posts on this board so far have been faux contraversial). Just for fun though, who, according to you are the best artists currently working?

How is it trolling to state your opinion? As far as quality in artwork,neither of these artists have IMO.I don't care how many awards he's won.I think his art is garbage.There are artists with their stuff in the Louvre,generally priceless artwork who in my opinion aren't very good artists.As far as the best currently working I would say Marko Djurdjevic and Adam Hughes.Dillion IMO is alot worst then Quitely.I won't even read a comic if he's doing the interior art.At least with Leifeld I can stand the art enough to continue to read.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll lacks the option "*puke*".
edmundlaukm
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Liefeld. Honest. I'd buy anything he worked on.

Seriously, I miss that energy, that unashamed devotion to in-your-face action, that lack-of-attention-to-anatomy, that every-character-with-constipated-looks art that characterized 90s comics by Liefeld.

Comics (post-Bendis/Brubaker/Fraction) are too cerebral and not visceral enough. Comics is first and foremost a visual medium and Liefeld is a god in that.

While I love Maleev and Lark giving us "realism", nobody does bombastic comic action so unashamedly like Liefeld. His works are like Van Damme movies (BTW, there's a new Universal Soldier out) - stupid fun. His works are like Michael Bolton songs - starts with screaming, ends with screaming and screams throughout.

There are no substitutes for the Liefeld effect... Smile

~ Edmund
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: