Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil Official Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar position to rgj, not having bought the book on anything like a regular basis since Brubaker, eons ago. Did pick up on the hype surrounding Waid and Vol. 3 and actually enjoyed some of that earlier stuff, but somewhere along the line, quite early on, I just lost interest again. How I managed to resist jumping on again with Vol. 4 I don't know, Wink but I'm sure Marvel will test my resolve with Volumes 5, 6 and 7 over the next, oh, 5 years or so?
Been completely underwhelmed by the prospect of the Netflix thing as well, until now. Curious as to how it'll pan out now it's almost here, but truth be told, I'm looking forward to reading what everyone on here thinks just as much if not more. If nothing else, it's given a good excuse and opportunity to revisit this place and see some familiar names after all this time.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest starting one thread for each episode, ideally all at the same time (although that depends on your patience as well). If you only had one thread, I won't be back to discuss the show for a couple weeks because I'm doing my best to avoid binge watching it.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll make individual threads for each episode, like
DAREDEVIL S1 E1, S1 E2, etc.

Would posting the episode names be considered spoilers? I'm worried it might be.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, all you guys! Got word of this reunion from JC of all people, on Twitter, no less.

I'm @Darediva over there, in case anybody wants to find me.

Being cautiously optimistic about this series. The characters look well cast to me. I wish they had cut the Foggy guy's hair. That part looks all wrong, but otherwise he seems like he'll pull it off.

Fisk is perfect. I'm warming up to Charlie Cox. Must say he looks GOOD. We shall see how all this pans out.

Good to read everyone's comments, and happy to be invited back into the fray.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Haven't been here for ages either. Doing a conversation (of sorts) message board style feels very early Internet. Very Happy

As for the trailer, I really like it. There are some things that feel a little cliché, such as "justice is blind," and the way it's a little self-aware of its own badassness (that's a word, right?), but I think that with 13 hours available they'll have enough time to invest into the various plot threads. At the very least, it feels like they're paying attention to the details.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are excellent times!

Crazy excited about all of this is truly and understatement. I am/was a huge fan of Boardwalk Empire too!

I'm not going to lie, but there is a darkness to these trailers that has been away from the current DD comics for far too long. I just know I'm about to get my proper fix with this tv series. I feel that Waid has overstayed his run by about the entirety of vol.4. Samnee has been fantastic the whole way though. I just wished that his art had some Darwyn Cooke-like sensibilities in the writing/scripting department. I would love to read this with the tone of the Parker books by IDW. Enough of this mini-rant.

I'm still reading the comic. After Fraction/Aja's Hawkguy, this is the only Marvel book I read monthly. Well, not entirely true. My son gets a couple of the Star Wars books every month. There is really no way in hell that I'm not reading those when they're already in my house.

Thanks to James for kicking my ass over here.

Clayton Scholefield @ SirEdwardGrey is my twitter (and only social media outlet). You'll find me taking about my favorite comics (DD & Hellboy), sports, beers, & music. I'm rarely serious on it. Just geeking & nerding out.

I have to read backwards here and see whats up. Take care everyone.

C.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:

Would posting the episode names be considered spoilers? I'm worried it might be.

Great idea! I think the "S1 E1" thing would be perfect. Episode title inside the thread maybe? But then, who am I to say? I'm just the jackass that doesn't come around often enough. Wink

A big howdy to Pete, rgj, and Jim!

C.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group hug! Group hug! Quick, before this thing divides opinion irrevocably. Quick Wink Smile
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a veritable family reunion here. Diva, Pete, rgj, Clayton and of course JC. It's like old times round here. Nice to see you all around here.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:

I'm totally with you on that. I personally don't mind reading the title before i watch an episode...
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that may not work with starting all the episode threads at once is that if you do happen to binge on the series, you'll pretty much just need to post on the last episode thread. I mean why bother posting on episode #3, for example, if you've already finished. Binging will definitely make posting on every episode unnecessary. And, that's a shame because each episode is probably something that we can have a field day posting about if it were a weekly show. Oh, well, I'm sure it'll work out.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with including episode titles. They're usually smart enough to give hints without being over the top.

Have they been released yet? I suppose we can check how spoilery they seem.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Have they been released yet? I suppose we can check how spoilery they seem.

Just the first three, and they're very cryptic-sounding.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since everyone is here, it begs the question. It could even be a poll question.

How do you intend on watching the DD series?? Are you going to binge on it and watch it straight?? Or will you take your time?

Me, I'd love to watch it straight, but it just isn't going to happen. For heaven's sake, I"m still on Season 2 of House Of Cards (so, no spoilers on that). And, with the DD show, HOC will be put on the back burner. So, I'm hoping to watch at least one episode or two every couple of days. How are you guys going to watch it??

On a side note, I agree with Clayton Blind Love, Boardwalk Empire was an amazing show, as good as anything on t.v. or anywhere really. Which is, of course, where we know Charlie Cox from. I have to admit, as much as I loved him on Boardwak Empire (really great actor), I didn't think he was the best choice for DD (thought he was a little too undersized for the role) but as I"ve seen the pictures and previews I'm really warming up to him. It's funny, but I remember posting several years ago here (maybe in the archives) that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister of Game Of Thrones) would have been a great Matt. Oh, well, he's cool on GOT.

So anyway, back to the point, HOW ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO WATCH THE SHOW??
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train wrote:
It's a veritable family reunion here. Diva, Pete, rgj, Clayton and of course JC. It's like old times round here. Nice to see you all around here.

Thanks! Good to see all of you guys, too. Maybe we can round up a few more? Something new to talk about.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: