Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil Official Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I forget train! A howdy to you good sir.

13 episodes. I could probably do this in 4 nights at best. I may stretch it to a week.
Start on Friday night with 3 each night all weekend. Have 4 left by Monday. Split those into two nights. Done by Tuesday evening.
BUT I do have a 14 yr. old and a 12 yr. old to think about here. The oldest is really into this stuff. She loves the Walking Dead and Gotham. The youngest might like this. He's heavy into the Flash and Agents of Shield. Now, if I'm the good father, I watch it with them. Due to a busy schedule, I think getting this done in 10 days is probable. DECISIONS!!!!!
My only rule that I will stick to, no matter what, is that I never watch a finale by itself. So, when I get to the end, its either a 2 or more episode night. A good series is always capped off like a movie night. A 2+ hour event.

C.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for me it will totally depend on whether or not the first episode will really grab me or not and take my breath away. I can only think of a few shows I've been able to binge watch (either by being on Netflix or by buying the DVD set of a show I've never seen before) that have done that for me. Good examples being The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Vikings, Prison Break, and Justified. I couldn't get enough of those shows once I started watching and if the new DD show can do the same for me I will be getting the whole first season done in less than a week easy! Smile But if that doesn't happen for me and I find it just okay or at worse downright awful I think i'll take my sweet time getting through it all. Even if it turns out not to be too great I will watch the whole thing for sure.

Hi to you Clayton, good to see you around here again too. BTW I visited Victoria BC last fall for the first time ever to see some family and you are right it really is very beautiful out there. Wink
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's safe to say we're pretty much going to see the series as quick as possible. But as Clayton says, sometimes it's hard to make time. I'm hoping I can do it all in a week's time. But, I wonder what will be best for the episode threads. Should KM start them all at once and we all just post on them (but as I said, some of these threads may not get posted on much because we'll pretty much post on the last episode finale thread). Or should KM open a new thread like every 3rd day or so. I think that even if you'd seen the whole series, if we take each episode to comment on one by one we'll be able to really analyze and critique the show a little more thoroughly. And, give each episode the attention it deserves. Again, just throwing out ideas. What do you guys think?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to space it out. There's a nice sense of anticipation when you do that.

Whether Ill be able to resist is a separate question, but that's the plan.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing we get Netflix in Australia (which is supposed to be March 24), I'll be binge watching. Then I'll rewatch it the next weekend with my wife. Then I'll wait for the DVD and binge watch it all over again. And again.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am currently unemployed, and sort of a night owl on top of that, I might watch it straight through in one go. Depends on how I feel, I suppose.

I promise no spoilers if I do binge watch.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KM should open threads for the each episode on April 10. Members can comment as they watch the episodes. I plan on watching 1-2 episodes a day.

My wife and I did that with Breaking Bad. After our kids were put to bed, we would watch 2-3 episodes at a time. I really enjoyed that type of viewing. I think we will watch this series with our oldest daughter. So I'm curious to hear what she thinks about the series.
chamber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great.

Season 1 villains looks to be Kingpin, The Owl, Gladiator, Mauler, The Hand, Russian mobster villains.

I hope we see Bullseye, Mister Fear, Bushwacker, Death-Stalker and Typhoid Mary in future seasons.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turk isn't really Mauler any more than he's Stilt-Man. There's nothing to suggest Mauler is a villain this season.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
lonerangerninjutsu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on watching an episode (or two) every night with my little sister, who's also a big Marvel fan like myself. I've been anticipating this show for quite some time after only recently discovering the Daredevil character and quickly becoming an avid fan.

On the subject of the two trailers shown, I'm really digging the tone. It feels very much inspired by Miller and Bendis, which I love. Although, I can tell that much of the visual aesthetic takes cues from famous films like Taxi Driver and other crime films of the 1970s, which complement Daredevil nicely, I think.

Overall, I'm excited! I think it'll turn out well. Next month is going to be a blast!
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see where some of you, having been burned over the Affleck film, would be hesitant about jumping on this bandwagon, but after watching the trailer for the 3rd, 4th time now, I can't help but get excited for this. The cast, the tone, the action, the drama, they seem to be all spot-on so I'm really looking forward to this show more than ever.

I'm even liking the black suit the more I see of it. If this is detailing Matt's initial forays into becoming a vigilante, then the suit shouldn't look perfect just as his first mistakes could have serious repercussions. I would love to see the red suit at some point, but this feels like it should be revealed in the last episode.

As for thread ideas, how about breaking the series up into sections? If everyone is going to watch the series in various ways (separately or binge-watching), then how about having a thread for the first 4 episodes, then a thread for the next 4 episodes, and so on? We may have to be cognizant of spoilers, but that may give us a better opportunity to comment on just those episodes we've seen so far.

For myself, I going to try and watch a couple of episodes at a time, to try and savor this series and spot every little nuance and nod to the comic. But I have a feeling that once I start, I may not be able to stop. Laughing
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just binged 11 episodes of House of Cards (s3) this past weekend. Going in for the kill tonight. 4 nights seems doable, but this was without kids. Those damn kids are going to be the death of me when it comes time to watch DD. Twisted Evil
WilsonFisk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'll likely hope to draw out the viewing experience for like a week, but end up binging it over a few days and then hating myself once it's all over for gorging too quickly. Very Happy
Naked Bat
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will watch all episodes in one week. That is, if my wife loves the show too. which she will.
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the show somehow sucks, my wife and I will have the season finished by Saturday evening the 11th. My anticipation is at unhealthy levels. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: