Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bullseye and Elekta in Season 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Bullseye and Elekta in Season 2. Reply with quote

So, there was a link on the Facebook page from Comicbook.com a few days back that said Bullseye and Elektra may be in season 2. Couldn't find the link sorry. Maybe someone can find it. I think Elektra would be a mistake in season 2.

We barely get the red suit maybe season 2 and already we get Elektra? I'm okay with Bulls because it stands to reason Fisk finds someone to handle DD. But, why do we have to have Elektra so soon? We haven't even began to know Matt and now we're bringing Elektra? Elektra should be like season 4. And, Born Again like 6. I know, I know "what if there isn't a season 6?" Well, then, it wasn't meant to be.

If Marvel wants to bring Punisher to Netflix, I'd rather see a Child's Play adaptation for a season before bringing out Elektra.

Marvel shouldn't show all of Daredevil's cards in the first 2 years. If you write good stories (and the reviews seem good so far) then we will get to Born Again. And, it will resonate more because we now have some history (seasons) with Daredevil.

I also hope that Marvel doesn't do what DC is doing. Seems that everyone knows who Arrow and Flash are on their shows. Seriously, why do this, especially so soon? It's obvious Night Nurse will know. But, please keep Foggy in the dark (obviously Karen has to know soon). And, PLEASE don't let Fisk find out. Let Born Again play out deep into the series (years).

Anyway, just some thoughts.

What do you guys think?

(I'll try to find that link in case no one else finds it)
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/02/daredevil-bullseye-elektra-are-a-possibility-for-season-2/

found it
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have to do the entire Electra saga in one season. DeKnight was actually non committal on what to do next, and actually mentioned the fact that things could be decompressed. For the record, I do agree with you, there is no reason to muddy the waters with too many characters. I wouldn't mind seeing Bullseye in season two. That would be a logical progression.

Who knows maybe they could introduce the Owl in a turf war type story with Kingpin. Maybe the Purple Man, if done properly could be a pretty good character too.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's better to wait and see what we actually do and don't get before commenting on what we would like to see. If they are smart they will adapt elements of famous stories. I personally would never want to see a direct adaption of a comic story for any character I like. It will never be as good as the comic version so I like new stories rooted and directly inspired by comics.

That's why the Iron Man film was so successful. They recognised some of the elements that make the character great and crafted a story based on a modern origin and combining it with the general plot of another storyline.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

train wrote:
They don't have to do the entire Electra saga in one season. DeKnight was actually non committal on what to do next, and actually mentioned the fact that things could be decompressed. For the record, I do agree with you, there is no reason to muddy the waters with too many characters. I wouldn't mind seeing Bullseye in season two. That would be a logical progression.

Who knows maybe they could introduce the Owl in a turf war type story with Kingpin. Maybe the Purple Man, if done properly could be a pretty good character too.

Owl is going to be Fisk's financial adviser in the show apparently.

Purple Man is going to be the main villain in the Jessica Jones series, so he may not be available for the Daredevil show.
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Elektra shouldn't necessarily be a major character in season 1 or 2, but she does need to at least be mentioned in the origin a little, through flashback, if you plan to have her on the show at all. I'm not far into the season, but from promo images, I've gathered that there are a fair few flashbacks to Matt's time in college in season 1. It would be bizarre to gloss over Elektra's presence during that entire chapter. Beyond the fact that it's crucial to the Elektra story, that's arguably some of the more interesting stuff in Man Without Fear.

You have to remember that Frank Miller had Elektra running around the Daredevil comics for over a year before the 'Bullseye vs. Elektra' saga even properly began. She can be a main or supporting character for quite awhile before the show needs to involve her heavily or delve into that particular storyline. There's plenty of narrative ground to tread in the meantime.

As for Bullseye? He can be introduced whenever Kingpin needs a hitman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: