Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S1E11 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S1E11 Discussion Reply with quote

Discussion for Marvel's Daredevil S1E11.
Please only discuss elements in this episode (or previous episodes if it applies) but not anything that happens in episodes after this one.

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Path of the Righteous"

-Dr. Rosenberg on jet?
-Is this how they show Vanessa has health problem?
-Foggy with Marci!
-Claire gives armor suggestion
-Turk!
-love this scene with Potter
-uses saw blades as weapon
-Betsy, have to help Betsy
-wasn't expecting that ending, Wesley was great
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Melvin Potter is great. They even referenced the Gladiator with him throwing a buzzsaw. Going all the way to include Betsy Beatty was lovely. I've said often how much I love what Frank Miller did with the character of Gladiator (who didn't even have a name until then) and his troubled soul and redemption. I think this take was great and I'm glad we got to see it.

Otherwise, the episode was pretty much continuing the fallout of last time. The ending with Karen was surprising. It was probably the right action (the second shot wasn't so great). But I was expecting Wesley to make it (not sure why, but I was). Now give me the damn costume.

Four and a Half Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think gladiator was supposed to be so troubled when no tin the gladiator persona, still, thought it was pretty good.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seemed to ramp up Melvin's strength. He seemed almost as strong as The Ox in this episode, and about as smart.

I'm still enjoying D'Onofrio's acting, but there are some humourous hammy moments creeping in, especially his monologue about prayer.

The ending surprised me, because I'm pretty certain Wesley poisoned the champagne, so I thought Fisk would be the one to do him in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: