Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S1E10 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S1E10 Discussion Reply with quote

Discussion for Marvel's Daredevil S1E10.
Please only discuss elements in this episode (or previous episodes if it applies) but not anything that happens in episodes after this one.

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nelson v Murdock"

-love the college days
-Foggy really does know Punjabi (this was a hit in this house!)
-like Madame Gao... is she gonna be related to Iron Fist show with K'un Lun?
-was that an Elektra hint?
-first hoodie costume from MWOF
-Fisk's mother!
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Foggy and Matt bromance. The flashbacks did a great job with that. They're fun together. Unfortunately, Foggy betrayed can kinda be a bummer since I hate to see it. I know his reaction in the comics was kinda similar (although it was just in a dark time for Daredevil comics, so I can't say I've read them). But the whole thing is pretty sad. I'm hoping for a good resolution.

Four Stars

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Elektra's dad wasn't killed like in the comic, because Foggy would have remembered what happened to Elektra if it had happened like in the comic.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
I guess Elektra's dad wasn't killed like in the comic, because Foggy would have remembered what happened to Elektra if it had happened like in the comic.

Not really, we only had that one throw away line about Elektra, perhaps Elektra's father died after college or died while Elektra was in college, but after she was dating Matt.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting at least a hint for Elektra and i wasn't disappointed. Honestly every episode is better than the last one. I've noticed that after episode 6 and now 4 episodes later still getting better. I want to say something about all the episodes but i'm overwhelmed with excitement every time.
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they don't change what happened to Elektra's dad. I think it's possible Foggy didn't know. He might have heard something on the news but not connected the dots. Elektra went to college, in a way, to break out of her bubble. I can see the idea of her not blabbing about who her dad was.

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, Foggy doesn't know what happened to Elektra's dad (wasn't he some sort of ambassador?) who was killed at a major university. The dad of the Greek girl his roommate was dating? Look, it doesn't have to be like the comics, and based on this it isn't.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they could have changed minor details. My suggestion was that Foggy didn't know who Elektra's dad was. Hell, he barely seemed to know her name. They can preserve most of that story without changing much is all I'm saying.

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt and Foggy seem like guys I would want to hang with. Their friendship was the focus of this episode. Elden Henson is now doing just fine as Foggy, so any annoyance I had with his performance early on is moot.

I wonder if Wesley is going to end up being behind the poison at the gala? If so, that seems kind of extreme, because in the comic he just had a problem with Vanessa.

I also think it's possible that Foggy didn't concern himself too much with Elektra when he was in college. It sounds like he was more about partying, the Punjabi girl and cramming before deadlines and exams.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the dedication to consequences being explored in depth in the show. After the greatest thing I've ever watched (Episode 9) we see the aftermath on a very personal level.

I think I prefer the free-wheelin', party going spark that young Foggy has as opposed to the MWF useless bully victim. It puts him in the same place alongside Matt but doesn't take anything from Foggy. A nice update to the character.

I completely forgot about Vanessa being dealt with in the comics to get the Kingpin out of retirement. The same thing that made the first Iron Man film successful to die hards and regular viewers has gone on in Daredevil for ten straight episodes so far, I don't see that changing. Amazing.

Charlie Cox deserves heaps of praise. He clearly did his homework, as he stated, got in shape and dedicated himself to present Matt's blindness realistically. The whole cast has been incredible but he really stands out as somebody who deserves special mention. As a boxer I wish he'd straighten those wrists up but I'll let that go as he nailed everything else Laughing
mhs_111
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely my favorite episode.
When I finally find Elden acts superb.
Love that betrayed face!
oh, and more college days won't hurt.

"...I don't have sixth sense
I just don't have the fifth."~Virge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: