Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S1E6 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S1E6 Discussion Reply with quote

Discussion for Marvel's Daredevil S1E6.
Please only discuss elements in this episode (or previous episodes if it applies) but not anything that happens in episodes after this one.

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show has long since hit its stride. Elden Henson has grown into his role as Foggy. Fisk and Matt talk to each other for the first time in this episode.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Condemned"

-Ben Urich is turning into great character here
-Blake and Hoffman seem over the top
-Vlad is great
-whole scene here, with Vlad and Fisk walkie-talkie convo
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode had great pacing throughout. It started as a really tense chase and then changed to some great suspense ending with great character moments (I need a new adjective besides great). Fisk making Matt public enemy number one was impressive. Possibly shades of Born Again. He'll need to change his costume at some point to make up for that (hint, hint Wink ). Obviously, the conversation between Fisk and Matt was great, but you don't need me telling you that. The episode was so intense that I didn't really take many notes, so a short review. But don't let that detract from the episode. Five Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
chamber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the banter between the dirty cops and Urich.

"That sounds pretty bad, but I don't speak ass****" was a great line from Daredevil.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that Matt knew from the beginning that someone was at the head of the crime boom and over the first five episodes we've seen him taking on the Russians and inadvertently Fisk through Karen. Seeing some of Vlad's back story in Ep. 4 really gave weight to Ep. 5 and especially this one. Now we see Matt getting a little closer up the ladder to Fisk after stalling since getting his name in the first place in Ep. 3. It's just an incredible series.

I like how they let a plot line linger over the course of episodes. Claire gets kidnapped and hears the name Vladimir in four, tells Matt at the start of five and he only gets to talk to him in six (even though he gets him at the end of five.) It really feels like a huge film, from every aspect.

A little side note. Did any one ever think we'd see a superhero film or show where the hero didn't remove his mask once?
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayle88 wrote:

A little side note. Did any one ever think we'd see a superhero film or show where the hero didn't remove his mask once?

Dredd?
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you have that one and change my sentence to mainstream hero Wink

Who would of thought a couple of years ago that an internet streaming service would do wonders for the uneducated's opinion of Marvels best character
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: