Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What would you want to see in the Defenders series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: What would you want to see in the Defenders series? Reply with quote

As a Daredevil fan, what would you want to see in the Defenders series? How would should DD play off the other characters?

The teaser trailer seems to make it look like the Hand will be the villains and Sigourney Weaver is going to be the main villain.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want the characters to be right in relation to each other. Jessica Jones sidesteps this issue because of her reluctance to use any ability she has but it applies to the other three.

Luke should obviously be tough enough not to worry about anyone but Daredevil should be able to kick his arse and that should reflect in how they treat each other. Same goes for Iron Fist, he should be equal with Matt skill wise but not in experience and again Matt should have the edge and that should be reflected in how they treat each other.

I don't want them to actually fight, it's overdone at this point and the Netflix format more than allows time for them to never come to blows over anything.

Kind of the same as above again but Matt's experience over the others should also show in general crime fighting, not just with the Hand if they are the villains again.

I'd also like to see Matt's darker fun side come out a bit the first time they all have a big team up when he notices the others powers. Similar to how he enjoys himself beating the crap out of people in the Daredevil show sometimes.

I don't really have any expectations for the story. I loved both Daredevil seasons, Jessica Jones was great and Luke Cage was a bit dull but enjoyable enough. I trust that we'll get something worth watching a couple of times at this point. I am still more excited by a season 3 (and Iron Fist's first season) than a team up series though. Every company in the world wants crossovers now and they're all getting them. Any long time comic fan knows most of the great stories are in the solo series.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayle88 wrote:
I just want the characters to be right in relation to each other. Jessica Jones sidesteps this issue because of her reluctance to use any ability she has but it applies to the other three.

Luke should obviously be tough enough not to worry about anyone but Daredevil should be able to kick his arse and that should reflect in how they treat each other. Same goes for Iron Fist, he should be equal with Matt skill wise but not in experience and again Matt should have the edge and that should be reflected in how they treat each other.

I don't want them to actually fight, it's overdone at this point and the Netflix format more than allows time for them to never come to blows over anything.

Kind of the same as above again but Matt's experience over the others should also show in general crime fighting, not just with the Hand if they are the villains again.

I'd also like to see Matt's darker fun side come out a bit the first time they all have a big team up when he notices the others powers. Similar to how he enjoys himself beating the crap out of people in the Daredevil show sometimes.

I don't really have any expectations for the story. I loved both Daredevil seasons, Jessica Jones was great and Luke Cage was a bit dull but enjoyable enough. I trust that we'll get something worth watching a couple of times at this point. I am still more excited by a season 3 (and Iron Fist's first season) than a team up series though. Every company in the world wants crossovers now and they're all getting them. Any long time comic fan knows most of the great stories are in the solo series.

I am not sure how DD could "kick Luke's arse", it seems like Luke's durability level would make it almost impossible for DD to hurt Luke. Jessica is way stronger then DD and she was at a loss how to beat Luke when they were fighting. I don't DD has to be able to beat up Luke to gain his respect.

I do think the fun with a crossover series, is having different characters interact and play off each other.

Of the 3 main heroes introduced so far, Luke seems the most stable, Matt has become so fanatical about being DD it has effected his personal life and Jessica is still an alcoholic mess. Though I can imagine the overly dedicated Daredevil and the cynical Jessica often clashing.

Though I could see either Matt or Foggy getting Luke out of prison, considering Claire knows both of them and could inform them about Luke's legal situation.

I would be interested to see who Sigourney Weaver eds up playing. She is too old to be playing a physical threat (she would be too old to be Typhoid Mary for example) and if she is just another crime boss, I don't see what kind of threat she would pose that is different from Fisk or Cottonmouth, who have been defeated by Defenders members individually. One kind of radical idea I had, is maybe she is the physical form the Beast, the demon the Hand worships. Maybe that is a bit out there, but I am not sure who else she play who make more a effective Big Bad for this series.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just mean in terms of skill. It's going to be very easy for a writer to have Luke write off Daredevil as insignificant compared to him and that's never been the case.

Their relationships don't have to be positive straight away or at all but they should be filtered through what each character is capable of. Having a character who started the whole thing and has been around the longest having to justify his worth to the others has been done before and I think a bit lazy at this point. I want them to do something different.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayle88 wrote:
I just mean in terms of skill. It's going to be very easy for a writer to have Luke write off Daredevil as insignificant compared to him and that's never been the case.

Their relationships don't have to be positive straight away or at all but they should be filtered through what each character is capable of. Having a character who started the whole thing and has been around the longest having to justify his worth to the others has been done before and I think a bit lazy at this point. I want them to do something different.

Fair enough. I think Luke is fairly reasonable and would afford DD some respect from the get go. I think Jessica would be more disrespectful due to her outlook, I think Jessica and DD would not get along at first. I think what would make these series interesting is having a bunch of people with different outlooks, be willing to see the world from each other's perspective and be willing to adapt their way of thinking.

Like I said at this point, Luke seems more reasonable then either DD or Jessica, so maybe he can bridge the gap between the fanatical DD and the cynical Jessica Jones. He seems like a good straight man, playing some of the more extreme personalty types in the team.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll be interesting to see how Danny and Matt get along.
Both are whiners, but Danny is a stupid whiner, while Matt is a smart whiner.
I don't think Danny will want to listen to him.
I'm pretty sure the first Defender vs Defender fight will be Danny vs. Matt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: