Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #27 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #27?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #27 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #27 by Soule, Garney, and Milla ships October 11th and here's a preview!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V5-027

Please use this thread for all discussion!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a good issue.

Daredevil is at a low place for its entirety. For most of this, he's in a pit, and seems to be periodically sedated. His heightened senses are dulled. I like how much more facial hair Matt has by the end of the issue, making you imagine just how long he was stuck in that pit.

We get to know Blindspot a bit better this issue. Right now, he's an enigma. The effect of Muse taking his eyes is somewhat disturbing. He has arrived at a place where he can confidently state that he would have let three of the people that were saved from Muse die if he could have kept his sight. Just how far gone to the dark side is Blindspot? Who knows, but I'm eager to read the next issue to find out.

If I have any problems with this issue, it's the following: I expect Ron Garney's artwork to have a roughness to it, but often in this issue his work looks too rough -- in particular the pages flashing back to Sam's school days.

I don't mind that Sam now knows that Daredevil is Matt, but he calls him "Mr. Murdock" in front of his mother and the Hand. The secret identity just got back in the bottle, and we're just going to toss around this knowledge already?

I gave this issue a four.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'm OK with the Hand knowing. Of all characters, they'll make the least impact. I liked this issue, but I don't have a lot to say.

Blindspot is really coming off as a compelling character in this issue. His cold frankness, his backstory, it's all clicking. He's certainly someone who has plenty of reasons to be bitter. This story is more about Blindspot than Matt, but I love the build up to the end. Four and a Half Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: