Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil: S3 E1-E6 Discussion and SPOILERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil: S3 E1-E6 Discussion and SPOILERS Reply with quote

Please use this thread to discuss anything that happened in the first six episodes of the new season! Please do not discuss anything from E7-13 here.

Thanks!
lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is the absolute peak of comic book adaptations. I was really really nervous for bullseye as i’m a purist and didnt like the idea of him getting an origin story. I love how in the comics he’s just an insane force of nature who showed up from god knows where. That said everything they added to the character was a welcome addition for me and I really didn’t see myself saying that this time yesterday.

I think Fisk has now cemented himself as the mcus greatest villain and maggie is a great new character. Foggy and karen both really annoyed me throughout the first two seasons but i’m on board for them now too. I’m sure once i’ve had some time to think about it i’ll come up with some criticisms but for now i’m just riding the high of daredevil being back.
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcarr1991 wrote:
This really is the absolute peak of comic book adaptations. I was really really nervous for bullseye as i’m a purist and didnt like the idea of him getting an origin story. I love how in the comics he’s just an insane force of nature who showed up from god knows where. That said everything they added to the character was a welcome addition for me and I really didn’t see myself saying that this time yesterday.

I think Fisk has now cemented himself as the mcus greatest villain and maggie is a great new character. Foggy and karen both really annoyed me throughout the first two seasons but i’m on board for them now too. I’m sure once i’ve had some time to think about it i’ll come up with some criticisms but for now i’m just riding the high of daredevil being back.
Daredevil has no costume...
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that 2018 is the greatest year so far for Marvel Studios. Not only are Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War two of the highest grossing movies of all time, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Cloak and Dagger great television shows, but their Netflix shows are better than ever. I loved the second season of Jessica Jones way more than I expected, along with the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist (a much-needed improvement over the horrible first season), but this season of Daredevil is probably the best Marvel Netflix offering yet.

As usual, the acting is across-the-board excellent. I think Charlie Cox is better than ever this year. Wilson Bethel is perfect as Bullseye. Vincent D'Onofrio continues to prove he's one of the best actors on the planet. I thought Elden Henson was better in season two, but then he had that great scene opposite Jay Ali playing Agent Nadeem. But there is a reason the acting is so great this season -- the writing is better than ever.

Nadeem's financial situation is beautifully set up as his motivation for being so gung-ho about Fisk. The long gaze we get into Bullseye's psychological background was absolutely riveting. And at the top of it all is the Kingpin, stacking one story element on top of another, weaving a storm from which Matt, Foggy and Karen seemingly have no escape.

As is now tradition, there is an impossible tracking shot of a fight. I honestly don't know how the crew is able to carry off something so ambitious as the jailbreak scene. The have to properly light the entire complex, set the props, allow for some improvisational moves... So much is involved. But they have done it, and this jailbreak scene is way more ambitious than the hallway scene from the first season and the staircase scene from the second.

If I have to find fault with anything, it's that we're not told how Fisk found out about Bullseye's background. We just see Fisk seeing Bullseye's life unfold. It's fantastic, but I think we could have at least been shown the source of the information.

I'm loving this. This is everything Daredevil should be in live action.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With maybe one episode that didn't quite land for me, everything has been great. My biggest complaint is that Matt was pretty close to rock bottom so it's not the same as him losing everything.

"Dex" has been great as a build to Bullseye and I'm glad the comment divide includes episode six because that fight is everything you'd want from Bullseye.

I'm also loving the relationship between Matt and Sister Maggie. The orphanage angle introduced in Season One makes it a pretty big change for her relationship, but it's quite possibly a positive one.

Either way, a very solid first half of the show.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: