Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll follow Clayton's lead and reintroduce myself too. I don't come around as much as I used too. It nice to see some of the old timers...Pete, 'Diva, Clayton and others as well. I'll continue to lurk and maybe post from time to time.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice to see you guy's are still around here, too!
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the internet. I know everyone has busy lives, so I'm glad all of you take time to visit.
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I recently joined the forum yesterday, whereas I have been visiting MWF since 2003.
Of course I am a Daredevil fan. My name is Steve Kasan and I am from Toronto where I am an actor & screenwriter.
Here is my imdb profile if you care to check out:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3885547/

Hope to interact with a lot of cool Horn Heads here.
wrighty47
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been around for ages (provided the sight with screen grabs from the olf Hulk movie back in the day when such a thing wasn't so easy) but thought it time I catually joined the forum.

The names Alan, and i'm from the UK. Been a comic reader since the early 70's where I first discovered DD in the old b&w (and at the time GREEN - don't ask) weekly that was Mighty World of Marvel. Still got just about all the issues of that somewhere. If you ask nicely I may even scan the odd UK DD cover for you. Still buy DD (back on the monthly with vol 3 having gone the tpb route for Bendis/Brubabker) but am now missing a large chunk of the U.S. comics having had to sell them off a few years back (I will get them all back one day tho).

Mainly into UK comics (particularly ones from the 60's & 70's) but do still like the odd U.S. comic too.

Oh, and am sort of partially sighted (could be a lot worse so no complaing here) which probably explains my love for DD! Hell I even like the movie (you want to see a truly bad comic book movie, read Judge Dredd and then watch that Stallone thing)!!!

Cheers,

Alan!
Crimson Cowl
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I started reading comics very young in the late 70s. DD was a slow burner for me but went on to become a great favourite. As my handle probably indicates, I was a big Avengers fan. Anyway, Miller's and Nocenti's DD are things I still love. Indeed Nocenti's run with JRjr is one of my favourite things in comics ever, right up there with Zenith and Halo Jones.
wrighty47
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... a fellow 'Tooth fan! Wink
ninjacop
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody, i'm glad i've found a place where DD fans are everywhere and in abundance.

I'm 22 and first got into DD when I saw the film for the first time on vhs. Fell in love with it instantly and have been captivated by DD ever since.

I started to collect DD comics in 2007, and since then have collected all of vol2, and i'm loving vol 3 with Waid and the artists.

I firmly believe that DD is the greatest comic book hero of all time, he has been a hero for other heroes, for villains, for fans and an inspiration as a character in his evolution and development.
Gianni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I live in Italy (apologize for my English) and I started reading Daredevil in the italian edition by Editoriale Corno (issue 1 appeared in May 1970 - I was seven years old then). Today I own the entire US series and DD is the only comic book I read.

It might be interesting to know that we never had a yellow costume in Italy. As DD had already turned red in the US five years before, the italian publisher must have thought it was a good idea - in order to get a smoother transition, I guess - to present DD with a red costume from the very first issue. This is how he looked like on the cover of issue 1:

Not bad at all, IMHO. DD was also renamed "Devil" as "Daredevil" made no sense for italian readers, while "Devil" was a wider known word. As a consequence, the origin of the name was a little bit weak (children calling him "Devil"? Huh?) but this is not a perfect world after all.

Cheers

Gianni
z1co80
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Just joined but have been a reader of the site for a few months before joining. I decided i wanted to add some Daredevil to my reading and this site was a massive help to me in deciding what to buy.

So far i have picked up

Daredevil: Man Without Fear
Daredevil: Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Vol. 1-3
Daredevil: Loves Labor Lost
Elektra: Assassin
Daredevil: Born Again
Elektra: Lives Again
Daredevil: Guardian Devil
Daredevil: Parts Of A Hole
Daredevil: Yellow
Daredevil: Bendis & Maleev Ultimate Collection Vol. 1-3
Daredevil: Ed Brubaker Ultimate Collection Vol. 1-3

I don't have any experience of Daredevil apart from the movie and have only been reading comics for about 6 months, Most of my reading has been Avenger and Hulk based but i have found i am not to fond of team based books and like to follow a character from the start so after reading about the net Daredevil is known to have many great stories.

Anyway, Glad to join the site and hope i can contribute.
Steven
Ronald
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I used to follow Spider-Man and X-Men back in the day. For the last several years, I have been more of a DC fan (Batman in particular). I still buy a couple of Marvel titles, Daredevil being one of them.

I had a few issues of DD from volume one, and Frank Miller's beautiful "Elektra Lives Again" graphic novel; but, I wasn't yet a Daredevil fan. Then I read the "Cruel and Unusual" arc, and haven't looked back. I eventually got hold of trade paperbacks of Brubaker's entire run, and vol. 3 of the Bendis omnibus. I'm still reading the Mark Waid series, and Bendis's "End of Days".

It's different being a Daredevil fan from a Batman fan; everyone likes Batman, and there is a never-ending stream of comics, movies, games and so forth. With Daredevil, there isn't as much stuff, so one can still look forward to each new issue.

Keep reading, and live without fear!

Ron
yudansha
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I am 24 years old and I have been into comics since I was about eight years old. My first encounter with DD was in the Spider-man TAS show of the mid nineties. I didnt start reading his comic though until about half way through the Brubaker run. Since then I have collected all of vol. 2, all the Frank Miller stuff, and most of the DD mini series. I am currently enjoying Waid's run on the story.

I enjoy the many sides of the deep character that is Matt Murdock. I also really like the fact that you can tell a lot of different stories with him from gritty street noir to more lighthearted superhero stuff. Hes the man that never quits and just keeps getting up when beat down and that why I love him!

This is an awesome site for an awesome underrated character. Look forward to chatting with you guys.
Ho Kogan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my English
Hi, I am 22 year old fan from Poland. In Polish. Marvel Comic Books is very popular in my country in 1990-1998 , but in this time Tm-Semic published only The Man Withour Fear by Frank Miller, to bad they cuts 15 pages, this is normal practise in this time in the central Europe.
Since XXI century, Marvel and DC titles is published in my country only as expensive TPB and HC 3-5 titles in the year. In December 2012 the Marvel Graphic novel collection has been officialy started . First issue costs 14,99 PLN, second 29,99 PLN, third and next issues costs 39,99 PLN. This is very good prizes normally HC polish edition costed 69 pln with 120-160 pages , or 89-99 PLN with 200 pages.
For me Daredevil and Punisher is greatest Marvel characters. I`am very happy when i find website about Daredevil Very Happy
Sparko
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I'm John, I was first introduced to Daredevil sometime in the late 80's/early 90's, probably as a guest star to Spiderman or maybe when I was following The Punisher (when he guest starred in DD for a couple issues). Or maybe it was watching DD in the Incredible Hulk movie from around the time… I'm not sure, but last year, I actually started buying the comics/trades.

Through Amazon, I bought The Man Without Fear and I was sold on DD. Daredevil would take place right next to Spiderman as my favorite hero/character. I bought and read The Devil's Hand next, but I didn't know what the hell was going on, how DD got to be the leader of the hand or who any of the supporting characters were, so I started backtracking. After running into this site, which is the best character site I’ve ever seen, regardless of character, I had a list of what to go after. I found the full Bendis run with most of the Brubaker stuff on eBay. Read all of Bendis first, but didn't read the Brubaker ‘till I back tracked more, reading Guardian Devil, Parts of a Hole, Bendis again (which is f'n incredible stuff IMO), and Vision Quest (which... ehh.... I dunno... Lol... Not a real big fan so far, but I'll read it again.) Sometime before reading Brubaker, I bought DD Shadowland, but didn't read that ‘till I had all of Brubaker.

I had the first 4 Brubaker trades with my eEbay Bendis purchase, and didn’t get the last three ‘till December-ish. Once I got read through those, which were almost as good as Bendis, I was off to the infamous Shadowland... Wasn't the greatest stuff on the planet but wasn't the worst either. Maybe the side stories were too much.

Somewhere in there I found Yellow, Ninja, Reborn, and Redemption. I like Yellow and Redemption a whole lot. Reborn was ok, and Ninja… Well, I’m just happy Bendis kicked all kinds of ass when he did, cause this didn’t do it for me. I mean, I like it, but ehh… I dunno, the ending was a bit anticlimactic for me.

Anyhow, now I'm going through the Essential collections, on book 3 right now, issue 65. When I read all of this and books 4 and 5, I'll get to reading Miller's work and the rest of Vol 1.

I was just fortunate enough to find a brand new set of the 3 Miller/Jansen TPBs released in 2009 on eBay. I’m fairly excited to add those to my collection. It was either that or the Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller collection, and I liked the two tone covers of the Miller/Jansen TPBS more. I’ll get Born Again and the rest of Vol. 1. soon enough, and I hope to be into Waid by time the middle of the year maybe. After ofcourse reading through Vol 2. again!

And yeah, I love the Director’s Cut of the film!
Skaughtto
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Scott. I'd been reading Daredevil on and off for years, but never felt the character had really been written properly until I finished reading all of volume 2. Except for the first arc with the baby and some of the Echo stories, those were awesome comics. Mid life crisis Matt Murdock was fun to follow because he was so unpredictable. Shadowland was a bit of a let down to end the series.

I just caught up reading volume 3. They are very different, but still page turners. My subscription is locked in and I look forward to reading more and chattin' about 'em here with you guys.

The Man Without Fear mini-series is my all time fav, perfect comic mini-series.

This site is an awesome resource for Daredevil fans. Major kudos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: