Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matmarvel
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi all, my name's Phil. I am a huge DD fan and I'm in the process of collecting a complete (hopefully!) CGC graded DD run. My favourite stories are the initial Miller (scripts) run #168 -#184 and 'Born Again' which is so good I think it should be compulsory reading for any person new to comics! The art by David Mazzuchelli is stunning as well, and complements Miller's style perfectly

I really like volume two for the Bendis and Brubaker writing and the art of David Mack and Alex Maleev, hope to speak to you all again,

'Never give up'
(BTW this site is awesome)
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, I'm "thank god for stilt-man". I couldn't think of a better user-name and I liked that line so...whatever.

I've been reading Daredevil regularly since the Bendis/Maleev years, but have read even further back through trades.

I look forward to posting here. Smile Smile
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm Ryan. I've been a Daredevil fan for about 5 years now. The first thing that really introduced him to me was the movie and the Kevin Smith run. Once I started reading the comics they made me start to really hate the movie but love daredevil in general more. I'm exited there is a daredevil website and can't wait to get to know everyone better. Bullseye is my favorite DD character(hence the name).
Bullseye11
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Ellen. I picked up DD #17 on a lark and got hooked. I've now got all of Volume 3 to date, all the Vol 1s on Comixology and the the first 6 of Vol 2. I've been reading DC for years, but have recently found more to interest me on the Marvel front, particularly DD.

I write fanfiction (Esther-Channah on ff.net) and work as a freelance editor.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Adam, and I'm kind of a returning Daredevil fan. I've been visiting the site and lurking on the forms for quite a while now, and finally decided to register so I can join in the discussion!

I remember seeing DD on the Spider Man Animated Series when I was a kid in the early 90's. Even though I didn't know much about him, I thought he was cool even back then. The character kind of slipped my mind until the movie came out all those years later. My reaction was essentially, "I remember him! He was awesome!" I saw the film and thought it was awesome.

While my opinion has changed a little since then, it was enough to get me into comics, which I followed for a few months, thru the Lowlife arc as well as picking up a few odd back issues here and there. I sort of lost interest and stopped reading for a while, until a few months back when my brother gave me the Man Without Fear graphic novel as a gift.

It re-ignited my interest, so I stopped into the local comic book store and subscribed. That was in September, and I've been working on building a small collection ever since.
basementclev2
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone Razz
GLADIATOR
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hornheads, it's Chris (m/34) here. I've been reading Daredevil pretty consistently, a few breaks here and there, since Volume 1 issue 297. Typhoid Mary gave me a fever I couldn't shake. Since then I've felt Daredevil was a little more sophisticated, a little grittier, a little more violent, a little more cooler than anything else Marvel was doing. I dumped my X-Men rags and followed DD ever since.

I've gone back and collected a lot of DD GN's since then. DD holds a special place for me. When I think of DD it reminds me of hanging out in my back yard as a kid in the hot summer, retreating under the shade of a nearby tree reading comic books. When I read my DD comics from back then I like to imagine the dirt and grime on them are straight from my childhood.

Although I love me some DD I am mostly into horror comics and movies. I love Skywald and Warren comics; stuff like Creepy, Eerie, Pyscho, Nightmare...it's all cream cheese to me.
Belfan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
I'm Carl, Been a huge DD fan since late 80's. I still have many holes in my DD Comic collection, but I have them all back to 172 volume 1. I've always thought that DD has been one of the more consistent, and complex characters in all of comicdom. I used to read most of the X-titles and Wolverine as well. I've pretty much given up on everything else, and just read, and collect DD now.

My favorites writers have been Miller, Nocenti and I really like what most of the writers since Bendis have done. I really like the Romita JR art, maybe it's because I liked the book sooooo much at the time, and I like the Nord, Weeks and the recent art teams as well.
caleb_barber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm DB!

I started collecting comics between '85 & '86 at which point, I was into X-Men/X-Factor and Spider-Man. I didn't catch on to DD until several years later when I ran across issue 258 with the Bengal. As I entered high school, I moved onto X-force and kind of forgotten about DD (sad I know) but flash forward 20 years or so I've collected Volume I issue 170 forward, two runs of Volume II (sold one), 1 run of Volume III and starting a run of Volume IV.
admiralpetty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board, but I've sporadically followed Daredevil since the film first made me take interest in him back in the day. Also happy to report that I can finally follow the series at local comic shop here in MT rather than waiting for the trades to come out. Miller's run is hands down my favorite DD run, I find most of his early writing to be stellar regardless of the title he was on. Also really liking Waid's current run. Plus many of the other DD runs, such as Bendis etc.
snacpack
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. I'm Sav and I'm new here. I'm an avid Daredevil fan, though my knowledge is a bit rusty because I'm just getting back into comics.

Right now I'm trying to collect every issue of all volumes/special issues of DD. I'm a filmmaker, so all of my discretionary income goes towards comic books and extra film equipment. I'm stoked to be here and discuss Daredevil with other fans.
BattlinJackMurdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Good to be on board (pun intended). My name is Tom, I currently reside in Michigan, though that changes too often. I look forward to jumping in the mix and talking about our favorite hero in pajamas (ok, they're tights).

Very Happy
yahaira
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. I'm Sav and I'm new here. I'm an avid Daredevil fan,
Jersey Devil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, new member here, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a fan of Daredevil for more than a decade now, and he's one of my all-time favorite superheroes, truly one of the most underrated superheroes of all.

Glad to see there's a community of fans out here!

PS: Having a little trouble getting the avatar to work, can anyone explain it to me (I keep trying different URLs for images, but it's not working. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!)
Naked Bat
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

if some of you are familiar with superherohype or the CBR boards, you may know me already, as I have the same username on those boards.

I've been a DD fan for years. He's one of my favorite superheroes with batman, spiderman and spiderman 2099.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: