Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #34 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #34?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #34 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #34 ship September 8th and here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v6-034/

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issues ships!
Issue by Zdarsky, Landini, Menyz and Cowles, with covers by Checchetto & Wilson, Liefeld, and Lopez
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad issue. Very nice art with good action and buildup.
But everything since issue 20 reminds me of Attack of the Clones. Overall a terrible story, but it has great visuals, and every so often you get a cool action scene with Kenobi and Fett that's actually fun.

3.5/4, but on principal I'm rounding down to 3 for the vote.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a three as well.

It's fine for what it is. It doesn't do too much wrong. It's just that the issue ends way earlier than I expected, and I kind of wanted more to happen here. There is too much chatter between Matt and North, and it doesn't really go anywhere, because the second he finds out about Bullseye, Matt snaps out of there.

The last several pages are taken up by a comic acknowledging the 20th anniversary of 9/11, which contributed to the surprise ending of the Daredevil comic.

Stefano Landini fills in for Marco Checchetto on art duties this month, and he's fine. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take from Typhoid donning the Daredevil outfit at this issue's end. It's all getting a little chaotic. Two more issues until Devil's Reign.
fubarthepanda
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, hard to fathom that a trio of Bullseye clones could carry out a ten day (and counting!) mass murder spree in the middle of NYC given all of the heroes in the Marvel Universe that live there. Move over Avengers, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man... a drug-induced unhinged Daredevil is coming to the rescue... gah.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:

It's fine for what it is. It doesn't do too much wrong. It's just that the issue ends way earlier than I expected, and I kind of wanted more to happen here. There is too much chatter between Matt and North, and it doesn't really go anywhere, because the second he finds out about Bullseye, Matt snaps out of there.

I enjoyed the social commentary that Zdarsky has used this book as a platform for. But that was the bulk of the issue since the rest was setting up Elektra, Mary, and possibly Matt fighting Bullseye, which is apparently next issue.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: