Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #8 Preview and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #8?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #8 Preview and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #8 by Zdarsky, Checchetto and Wilson is out today!
Here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v7-008/

Please use this thread for all discussion!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't been reading Punisher, so maybe I'm only getting half the story. But I think this issue does a good job giving everyone on Daredevil's crew a moment of redemption. Marco Checchetto is back on pencils, and he takes full advantage of every page and panel here. The Hand controlled dragon is beautiful.

It's a bit of a chaotic issue, but I really enjoyed Detective North's moment with Lance. Agony stepped up to subdue Bullet, Stegron and the Wrecker took down the dragon, and Daredevil again proved that the Punisher is no match for him. Even Stilt-Man stretched upward to save Matt in the end.

The big problem is the sheer number of characters in Daredevil's crew. It's very difficult to keep track of all of them. The weakest moment came when someone who looks like Cyclops swoops in from out of nowhere and carries Elektra away from Aka. That's his only panel where his face is visible. This could have been anyone. It now occurs to me it could have been the speedy guy who shut off all the alarms in that building in Charlotte. Anyway, his appearance here barely registers as a moment.

At the issue's end, the Fist are overmatched by the Hand, but Elektra may have evened things up by confiscating the Lunate Talisman. Again, the Avengers are displeased by Matt's actions, with Spidey delivering the last line of the comic: "Daredevil needs to be stopped."

It's a battle issue -- of course it's going to be chaotic. Apart from the speedy guy, I think every character here had a strong redemptive moment. I don't think this Fist story should drag on too much longer, so I'm hoping we're getting to a place where this is going to wrap up soon, especially since the Fist now has the Lunate Talisman.

I gave this a four.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 - The Red Fist Saga Part 8

This is a big fight scene. In it the dragon is cool. I think Zdarsky does a good job redeeming a lot of the villains and showing they deserve a second chance, which shows the flaw in the Punisher's thinking. But it's also easy to see things from his perspective as Stegron fights on Daredevil's side and punches that dragon. I like that Daredevil is such a good guy, he even freed the dragon, though. Still, this story is giving major Shadowland vibes so I don't love that. It's also part eight. I get that they basically just want one long story with one title, but it feels a bit draggy. I'm guessing it'll be twelve parts for three trades. I think Zdarsky is probably done after it, so I don't want it to end, but I also don't think this will be his best story to end on (although we'll see how he sticks the landing).

Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: