Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DareDevil #90 SPOILERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the truebeliever
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this issue. Wait, I love every issue!!!! I'm so happy that this run is going so well. Like in one of my topics before I'm so happy to see Tombstone out in the Marvel U. again. It was a long time coming. I'm happy to see Daredevil getting out of Hell's Kitchen and seeing the world even though it's a little weird. I think Lily does have a pheromone thing going on just like Spider-Woman (those of you who couldn't put your finger on who it was that had that power.) I love how this whole first story line is indeed a crime/detective story showing back to Ed's roots, it's very pleasing to see. Also, Lark's illustrations are awesome. I've always loved his work. I hope this book will stay as good and I think it will.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The art in this issue was amazing!
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read it today.
The art is top notch!
As I live in France, I've been in Paris many times and I can tell that Michael Lark did a great job in depicting the city.

Another thing I liked is that the french dialogue is grammaticaly correct! I know that in previous threads, some people said they didn't really care about foreign language in comics but I do.
It's just a detail but it shows that the author cares.
Isaac
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes--- Brubaker cares. For the first time, I see a marvel author caring about culture beyond the borders of his country. I'm very pleased.

I remember the great Frank Miller writing something about Urich thinking about Elektra, and saying from her to have a "Mediterranean" accent. Then he precissed and said "greek" accent. Have you ever thought how silly it sounds? What do the arabic, spanish, italian or turkish accents have in common? Shocked
pbblair
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important detail: Lily's powers don't work on Tombstone.

Bru intentionally mentions it in an otherwise throwaway piece of dialogue, but I think it's significant. Does Lily (or Lily's skin oils or whatever) need to touch the individual's (non-concrete) skin for the powers to work...? I don't think Brus' casting is coincidental here.
Lundonj
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
I quite enjoyed it, but it's somehow not living up to the first arc for me yet. Maybe it's the silliness of Matt wearing the costume abroad and hoping he's not noticed, or maybe it's just that the plot is a bit of a slow-burn - I have a feeling it'll work better once the whole thing is complete.

Well, he did just catch a break by confusing his identity fom the last arc. I think it would be more out of place if he was fighting in civilian clothes in France. If he mixes it up with someone (as Mike or Matt, etc.) and gets caught on film, he is going to lose a lot of ground he just got back.

And since DD II is appearing and disappearing all over the place as part of the anti-registration crew, it helps add to that confusion.

The pace feels like it is moving along to me, but I like some of the quiet character building moments and the investigation work in between the action.

-Don
Guardian Devil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil #90 is actually the very first issue to introduce me to what is going on in the Daredevil universe now. Prior to buying this issue, I've only read Frank Miller's work and Kevin Smith's work. Overall, this is a great intro to the character! I really love the writing by Ed Brubaker. It's kind of hard to explain, but I like how the narrative is dark but also cracks with a sense of humor as well. For example, "So I try what I know... because even in an unfamiliar city, some things stay the same. And I know how I'd find a mob hitman back in New York. I'd work the underworld." Also, the artwork is amazing--Paris and the whole European feel just like from a movie.
I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus by William Ernest Henley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: