Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Two questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaac
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Two questions Reply with quote

1. -When did Urich get the kids? In Murdock papers, the FBI director referes to Urich's two kids. I never read anything about it before. I thought he was married to a woman his age (then infertile) in Born Again.
2. -Why is Matt such a bad son? We haven't seen him go to see Maggie much, in spite of all the happenings...
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply with quote

Not sure on the Urich question. He kind of comes and goes in the DD ongoing. So, as a DD reader, I just assume his life moves on when I don't see him.

Isaac wrote:
2. -Why is Matt such a bad son? We haven't seen him go to see Maggie much, in spite of all the happenings...

THAT is a very interesting question! Honestly, I am not convinced that the "Sister Maggie" we have seen (most recently in Guardian Devil) is Matt's biological mother. Even if she is there is A LOT of backstory that has yet to be revealed regarding Matt's parents. Why wasn't his mother around? Who is his mother? Did she have other children? etc.

I'd bet my bottom dollar we are going to see some crazy revelations in DD: Father #6.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born Again makes it pretty clear that Maggie is, in fact, Matt's mother.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of Urich's sons is the kid from WAKE UP, by Bendis. Maybe they adopted him??

As for the idea of Maggie NOT being Matt's mom? Uh, are we all reading the same comic?? Like jc says, Born Again makes that very clear. "Her scent, so much like my own." C'mon guys, let's keep the fundamentals.

rgj
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually wondered alot how now that Matt knows his mom is alive and stuff how little contact he has with her. I would LOVE to read how Jack Murdock and Maggie parted and such. And how she became her nun leaving Matt and such. It's this BIG piece of history that's left out of DD's tales. I gotta admit...I love Jack Murdock especially with his showing in Man Without Fear and that little bitty part in Cell Block D..and in Nocenti's run as well.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer to 2:

Because he has no actual proof that could justify him going to visit her often as an ordinary son would. She is a nun, and when asked, she plainly denied being her mother.
He probably thinks there's no need to act as a son would, also because, having a more direct relationship with her would put her life in danger.

Come on, let the sofisticated debate begin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: