Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Help needed! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vladimir
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Help needed! :) Reply with quote

Greetings from Serbia! Smile

My name is Vladimir, I’m 29 and have been a DD fan for 20 years. Believe it or not, the man without fear has been published in this part of the world as early as late 1960s.

Unfortunately, back then we didn’t have comic books but magazines. Thus a number of issues were reprinted in several different titles, often without any particular order. In addition, most of the episodes were published in black-and-white (or in weird colors akin to Pop Art Razz ). Few listed the authors. So I realized I needed your help in order to organize my collection. Smile

a blue and grey DD in a special issue of an obscure title in 1960s Razz

I’ve been searching your great site, but some summaries are “to come”.

Without further ado, could someone please tell me the number of these issues? Smile

#1 The story starts with Black Widow chasing French (?). Her origin is retold. Daredevil and Black Widow fight Electro. There are 40 pages.

#2 Frenzied Black Widow attacks DD, but is defeated. He takes her home, where he fights with Ivan about her. Finally, Daredevil faces Damon Dran, who is defeated but not dead as it might seem.

#3 Black Widow saves unconscious DD from the Man-Bull and takes her lover to the hospital. Recovered, the man without fear manages to beat his foe on the docks of San Francisco.

All the issues were drawn by Colan, of course. Smile
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vladimir, welcome to the board.

I don't have access to my comics at the moment, but I can give you an idea of where to look...

The first one is probably in the late 80's (probably 87 or 89).
The second one is probably around issues 92-94.
The third one is probably in the mid 90's (95 or 96).
Vladimir
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
Hi Vladimir, welcome to the board.
Thanks. Very Happy

Anyway, the problem is solved thanks to another site. It seems two issues were reprinted as one, making a mess of the entire run.

I guess I should have looked harder in the first place. Embarassed However, I'm glad I've finally registered here, after years of lurking. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: