Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 01-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Bought/Thought 01-10 Reply with quote

Well, now that I am a part of the 9-5 workforce, I generally don't get to the comic store until the weekends. (School was fun, even if living on ramen and frozen pizza wasn't. Razz) In any case, I did get a chance to read one issue:

Justice League of America #2 - Simply outstanding! I would recommend this and #1 to anyone, even if you never read DC. Starman is an amazing character and the reveal in this issue is incredible! Cool
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the following:

52 WEEK #36 - Another good issue, I was speaking at my LCS and loads of people have dropped this, yet I've really been enjoying it, don't know if its my lack of DCU knowledge or just my persistance to complete something once started? Anyway a good issue because it featured most of the four or five main stories arcs all in the one issue, I can start to see these all getting tied in together soon. I only hope that with another 16 issues left or whatever that the "one year later" story-lines that we had 9 months ago aren't quickly rushed in the last few issues, I am shocked that we haven't seen Harvey Dent protecting Gotham yet. Anyway enjoyed 52 for what it was.

BATMAN #662 $2.99 - The Grotesk story-line is the sort of generic rubbish that will make me drop this title as it was the sort of formulaic Batman story that I was expecting. A real filler for four issues before Grant Morrisson returns. I hope that the pain will be worth the gain..............

SQUADRON SUPREME HYPERION VS NIGHTHAWK #1 (OF 4) - It's OK, a bit generic sort of hero vs hero start to it, it had an interesting finish to make me want to buy the next issue. And when I have two of four I tend to think that I might as well finish it off and you have sucked me in with average to poor writing again, damn you!

BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #2 - Not read yet

RUSH CITY #4 (OF 6) - Not read yet

STORMWATCH PHD #3 - Not read yet

NIGHTLY NEWS #3 (OF 6) - Did not ship to my LCS, perhaps next week. I got my Ebayed #2, liked it, didn't love it like the first one, perhaps it is that sort of Matrix thing where you love the first one as it is very different from other things and you then have very high expectations for the other parts...? I didn't dislike at all, but it didn't give me off the chart WOW that #1 did. Hopefully #3 will be in next week.

PUNISHER #43 (MR) - Not read yet

Hey anyone who reads my tripe, I'll Paypal you a dollar, that got your attention. Is Frank Miller's 300 worth a read before the film? Apart from Spartans, I know nothing.

And out of interest, is it wall to wall David Beckham in the US at the moment? It seems to be from the coverage we're getting in the UK.
Have a great weekend!
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote
Quote:
Hey anyone who reads my tripe, I'll Paypal you a dollar, that got your attention. Is Frank Miller's 300 worth a read before the film? Apart from Spartans, I know nothing.

And out of interest, is it wall to wall David Beckham in the US at the moment? It seems to be from the coverage we're getting in the UK.
Have a great weekend!

I bought "300" after being disappointed with the last two things I'd purchased of Frank Miller's, All star Batman & Robin and the Dark Knight Strikes again. I really liked it. It seems like a lot of money for how fast a read it is, but I don't regret it.

I have been following the Beckham move but it doesn't seem like to much coverage. One radio news spot I heard was telling how big the move was then sarcastically playing a montage of "man on the American street" saying who's Beckham and not knowing their own city had a soccer team. I for one am excited to see them play. Is all of UK upset that he went to an American team?

Also, I couldn't agree more with your feelings about the new Batman story. Is it just me or has Batman been very dull lately. I know Dini's work is getting great reviews but I guess I miss the big cliff hangers. I don't really like this one issue stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: