Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Omit Civil War Altogether
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

civil war is not the best story of all time but it has given us some entertaining moments.

iron man could bet just about anyone in marvel u including captain america. in fact in one of the issues of civil war (4 i think it was) iron man takes cap apart. it reminds me (and annoys me as much) of the supermen vs batman debate, superman wins everytime, idiots who come away with the batman would use kryptonite to win will argue but if that works then i would win v superman.

anyway i digress, i think civil war will provide some interesting backdrop to dd, but so long as it does not effect the title too much its all good.
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will certainly find out, Gee, inasmuch as Brubaker likely has little choice but to toe the company line and incorporate Civil War into DD. I just dread the prospect of DD devoting endless hours evading capture by inept SHIELD agents, Iron Man, etc. It would detract from the quality of Brubaker's works, in my view. Herein lies one of my chief concerns with respect to these much-ballyhooed "crossover" events: they limit the creators' flexibility, forcing them to deal with topics and issues unrelated to their protagonists. DD has two domains (the courtroom and the streets of NY) - and national politics is not one of them.
pjg
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Matt's position as a defence attorney lends itself to some nice scenes involving the Registration Act (if he ever gets his law license back).
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee wrote:
civil war is not the best story of all time but it has given us some entertaining moments.

Which was, I think, the whole point of Civil War. Some crap editors (Joey Who?) sitting around going "wouldn't it be cool if Iron Man fought Captain America?" and then another one goes "yeah, yeah and if Spider Man unmasked?" and then another one goes "yeah, yeah, yeah and we'll have Bullseye and Venom on a team!" Awesome.

The details of how they were going to get there? Not so much.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
We will certainly find out, Gee, inasmuch as Brubaker likely has little choice but to toe the company line and incorporate Civil War into DD. I just dread the prospect of DD devoting endless hours evading capture by inept SHIELD agents, Iron Man, etc. It would detract from the quality of Brubaker's works, in my view. Herein lies one of my chief concerns with respect to these much-ballyhooed "crossover" events: they limit the creators' flexibility, forcing them to deal with topics and issues unrelated to their protagonists. DD has two domains (the courtroom and the streets of NY) - and national politics is not one of them.

You are worrying too much, when Matt comes back from Europe the Cvil War event will be concluded, more or less. All Matt will have is deal with the ocassional Civil war fall out, nothing more, the main focus still be on DD traditional story telling devices.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

The details of how they were going to get there? Not so much.

In fact. As the details of the consequences of these same "big events".
Creating "big events" without caring about "how is it going to get there" and "what will happen afterwards because of this" has recently become a recurring trick. This has happened, on a smaller scale, on DD too.

Quote:
I think your worrying over nothing, DD has already sat out most of the storyline and he will likely only deal with some of the fall out, but that won't be the main focus. Civil War's effect on the DD title will be minscule at best. I think there is potenial for Brubaker make some good stories out of the Civil war fallout and since DD was avoided getting involved in the main storyline (which would have been waste) I don't see the harm in Brubaker using the Civil War fallout as a back drop for some DD stories.

Couldn't agree more.
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Campbell from "Dave's Longox" (a comic-blog) has posted a funny pic on "How he would like Civil War to end" (with a pic from "Infinity War" I had totally forgotten but that fits perfectly)
Here's his blog : http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/
And the pic : http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2476/975/1024/952433/richardsneck.jpg
hekate32
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this 'Civil War' does conclude with the Registration Act in effect and the rebel heroes scattered overseas, I can't myself see its impact on the returning Daredevil being miniscule but quite the opposite. When in the first issue of Civil War, Maria Hill asks Captain America who he forsees as possible rebels, Daredevil is the first name on his lips. I suspect many here share that belief. Aware that I'm speculating upon speculation, how much worse I wonder does it have to get for Matt before it even begins to get better?
Drummond's death and the revelations in his suicide note might well destroy the case against Matt but are hardly likely to fool his adversaries nor free him from suspicion with the entirety of the public. Beyond that, SHIELD (once dedicated to combating global terrorist organisations like Hydra but increasingly portrayed as all-pervasive big brother) know who he is and where he operates. Matt's coming home still labouring under the belief his best friend is dead, needing to repair his relationship with Milla, his closest allies in the superhero community fugitives, his law firm being held together by his former secretary and he's supposed to rebuild his life, reassume his mantle as guardian of hell's kitchen with the added threat of SHIELD hounding him?
If this is to be the fall-out, if this is the landscape he's going to have to survive in after his outing, after his incarceration, after Vanessa's torment, I hope he signs, I hope they send Natasha round and he signs the damn thing, to hell with Cage and the others, he's been through enough. But I doubt he will, he's the man without fear. I'm more of a Foggy.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hekate32 wrote:
If this is to be the fall-out, if this is the landscape he's going to have to survive in after his outing, after his incarceration, after Vanessa's torment, I hope he signs, I hope they send Natasha round and he signs the damn thing, to hell with Cage and the others, he's been through enough.

See, I hope he doesn't sign because he is the Man Without Fear (the same reason you know he won't). I don't want to see Matt give in to something that he knows is wrong, simply because the odds are stacked against him.

Don't be scared; Embrace the fearless nobility of Daredevil and his adventures! Very Happy
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Alley wrote:

And the pic : http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2476/975/1024/952433/richardsneck.jpg

That was priceless!!! Thank you so much! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: