Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

11 years!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: 11 years! Reply with quote

Posting what I posted earlier in NEWS...

Back in January 1996, Daredevil was in the midst of the J.M. DeMatteis run on the book. The title was still in the "Marvel Edge" imprint. Cary Nord was just starting his fill-in art which would lead to his work with Karl Kesel later in the year. And I started this web site.

The site has seen Karl Kesel hand off to Joe Kelly, the Flying Blind arc, the Marvel Knights launch, the delays, the movie, the Bendis/Maleev run, and now Brubaker/Lark. I've had the opportunity to interview several creators, and I have had the good fortune of being asked to write the Marvel Knights encyclopedia.

But the site is nothing without its audience, and there are many of you that I've known for so many years who visit all the time. I appreciate all the support this site receives and do not take any of these 11 years for granted.

Thanks,
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to you good sir!

You deserve all the good fortune and recognition that has come your way as a result of your unrelenting hard work on this site.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Smokes!

I feel married to this place. Shocked
I think I'm 7-8 years around. Any others that long?

C.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kuljit!
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known this website since 1997 or 1998 ! (Though I became a regular visitor only since 2004 or so)
I remember I was a student in the computer room and I was searching for superhero-related stuff on the Internet (that was just the beginning of "Surfin the Net" for me... and for a lot of people).
So far, I had only found websites with X-Men pics, nothing more... And then I visited MWF which had a very rich content (the graphical interface has since improved !).

At the time, I remember I was wondering if Kuljit Mithra was a nickname ! (sorry, not many indian names in France Smile )

Many thanks to KM for maintaining this website, updating news and all !
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mid-90s were a dismal period for the comic industry, and for DD in particular. In the aftermath of "Fall from Grace," the title floundered creatively, and both its sales and its future looked bleak. But a handful of individuals (Joe Quesda being foremost among them) would usher in a new, more prosperous era, and would elevate DD to new heights. Kuljit is one of those individuals. Though not an artist or scribe, Kuljit has nonetheless played a critical role in DDs revival. He furnished longtime DD fans with something they hitherto lacked: a forum to discuss the comic and the main character's exploits. And despite the crushing financial burden, Kuljit has continued to provide this service. Why does he do it? I suspect it is because Kuljit recognizes something that most comic notables do not: DD and other fictional characters can be, and have been, an inspiration to many. DD's tenacity, his perseverance, his grim determination, have long inspired me. Kuljit enables DD to reach a larger audience, and inspire larger numbers of people. This is an invaluable service, in my view. Thank you Kuljit.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap! 11 years. doesn't seem like it could be that long. i've been around since the site was hosted on interlog, but i can't remember how long ago that was...sometime shortly before the relaunch, i believe. anyway, thanks for letting us play in your sandbox kuljit.
Slim Sandy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, i feel honored to be a part of it, haha maybe i should start posting more often =)
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still happy that you let the fangirls post, too, KM! Happy 11th, and hope it's still going at the 111th, too, with Jeevan at the helm, taking over his dad's empire, letting you bask in your Golden Age.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to KM and a big thank you for giving us DD mega fans a place to come and talk about the hero we love. I first posted on this board some time after the Daredevil movie trailor was released (I also got back into comics around Parts of a Hole) and remembered speculating that the movie could be disappoining when I noticed DD WITHOUT mask fighting Kingpin. I was so disappointed with that preview as it related to a possible Born Again sequel, and thought, gee BA is out the window! I felt compelled to post about that and that was my first post. When I posted I had never used a message board ever and, really, to this day this is the only one I frequent. Don't get me wrong, I've browsed other message boards (comic related), always noticing that obnoxious, know-it-all fool with the too many posts, one would think, to really have ever known a woman. Next thing you know, I'm the jackass with that title! Laughing Thanks alot, KM!

Anyway, this is the best comic character fan site ever (don't believe me, just browse). Again, many thanks, KM. Seiously, my life would not have been complete without ever reading the phrase "james castle's honky tonk beckons." This site cracks me up!

rgj
FatalRose
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this site, I totally love it! Just wish I found it sooner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who'da thunk it? 11 years ago Chichester leaves the title and KM decides to celebrate by launching a website. Very Happy

11 years later and its always my first port of call when I reach for the computer. Stephan sums it up well, Matt is such an inspirational character, a true hero in a medium strewn with lesser, one-dimensional, unheroic figures. He deserves the best. We might (and do) argue about whether this writer or that artist or this film does him justice, but I think we all agree on one thing. In a medium strewn with poorer, less imaginative, less creative attempts at superhero homage, this place shines like a beacon. I' discovered this site in 1999 and its changed many times, but its always been the best.

The best comic book character by a clear mile has the best comic book related website. Justice is served. This place just keeps on getting better and better. KM, take a bow. You, sir, deserve it.

And thanks for the opportunity to kick castles a$$ so many times Very Happy
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a long strange trip it has been...Congrats to all, new and old, for eleven wonderful years with such a great character.

I've only been here for six of them, but hey. I think that still puts me in the oldies crowd.

JR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: