Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 1-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Bought/Thought 1-24 Reply with quote

Mouse Guard #6 Great end to a fantastic mini series. Can't wait to read the sequel this summer.

Spider-man Loves Mary Jane #14 I've heard good things about this title, so I actually pre-ordered the HC that comes out in March, but I decided to buy this issue to get a feel for the comic. I absolutely loved it. I'm a big sucker for romantic moments in comics, and I love character moments sometimes more than the action, so this a good buy for me. You should check it out. This seems like as good an issue as any to jump in on.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the following yesterday:

52 WEEK #38 - Read this one, enjoyed it, some good stuff with Rene and The Question, I hope that this goes somewhere after 52, Rene and ? really hold the page well, some of the other characters are forgettable but these two are great.

CHECKMATE #10 - Not read yet, quality read, top writing, Rucka, nuff said!

DMZ #15 (MR) - I am about 3 issues behind in my "to read" box, I haven't picked this one up, I will read the others but I think it might be a dropper I'm afraid, I gave it 15 issues.

OCCULT CRIMES TASKFORCE #3 (OF 4) (MR) - Pretty average, but I have the first two so might as well finish it. Haven't read yet.

CRIMINAL #4 (MR) - Not blown away by the second and third issues, but I think that this is a slow boiler, I love EB, I love crime noir so I am in for the ride, I really want this to do well. And sad note for anyone who reads this, the film that EB mentions in #1 in the back few pages, "Out of the Past" or "Build my gallows high", has got a UK DVD release on Monday, doubt that this is down to EB, but hey I can finally watch the thing! Not read yet.

DOCTOR STRANGE OATH #4 (OF 5) - Not read yet, this is OK, like use of Night Nurse and I've always liked the good Doctor, so worth a punt.

ETERNALS #6 (OF 7) - Not blown away by this, bought it on the back of loving 1602 from Gaiman, but this is not my cup of tea, but will finish it now. not read yet.

MOON KNIGHT #7 CW - Best thing of 2006!!! Not a great issue to be fair, probably set up, no where near as deliciously dark and twisted as previous arc, a real tour de force, I hope that the standard of the first arc is maintained.

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #3 CW - Not read yet, #2 was far better than the first, being a huge fan of Pun Max, then #1 was a massive mis-hit for me, but I've got staying power (though not enough to earn me a respectable amateur film career!) and will persist with this title. As long as he is written in character!

SE7EN GREED #2 (OF 7) (MR) - Was going to get this, but it didn't ship or wasn't ordered at my LCS, the first of these were great, basically some meat on the bone for all of the seven murders. There was a Newsarama story that David Mack is doing #6 in the series, forget which sin. Great moody atmospheric stuff, utterly tragic as you know the outcome already!

To finish, don't know if anyone is / was reading "The Boys" from Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, but those no marks at DC have canned it with #6 still on the shelf and #7 to ship next week, sales were good, best or second best Wildstorm selling comic approx 27k per issue. DC must have got nervous shuffling their feet and canned it. Ennis is looking for a new publisher, I'm with you Garth, get it out and I'm back on it! Hate DC and Dan Dildo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: