Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Revisiting Continuity: MWOF vs Yellow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Revisiting Continuity: MWOF vs Yellow Reply with quote

As I've stated in other threads, my extreme bias is towards the original origin, seen in DD: Yellow (versus Miller's MWOF). The preview pages for DD: Battlin Jack Murdock (from Kuljit's recent interview with the DD editor) appear to show a college age Matt at Jack's fight, in accordance with the original origin and the events of DD: Yellow. Very Happy
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Miller's vesrion about 17 years old? Not much difference between that and an 18-19 year old college guy. Now, the movie, that was a HUGE difference (foster care, moving out of Hell's Kitchen different!). I do prefer the college freshman origin as opposed to the high school senior, though.

rgj
Murdock Bell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Wasn't Miller's vesrion about 17 years old? Not much difference between that and an 18-19 year old college guy.
rgj

That's true, but having Matt appear as a college student at Jack's fights wouldn't invalidate Man Without Fear as a whole anyway.

While Joe Kelly was writing Daredevil, he both cited scenes from Man Without Fear in his DD/Deadpool annual, and wrote a story where Jack was still alive while Matt was in college.

When asked about the contradiction, he said Man Without Fear was still a part of mainstream canon, with the exception of one change: Jack's death happened when Matt was older.

So, if Matt is older in the Battlin' Jack mini, it really changes nothing in and of itself.

Personally, I definitely prefer the more complex Man Without Fear over the fun but lightweight DD: Yellow, but I think current DD continuity should combine details from both.

That's pretty much what they've unofficially been doing, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: