Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up? 3/28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: What are you picking up? 3/28 Reply with quote

52 #47 - Twisted Evil

DD #95 - Very Happy

Cap #25 2nd print - yep, I'm going to buy the variant of this one Razz

JSA Classified #24 - Dr. Midnight is wicked cool in these solo adventures! Cool

Wonder Woman #6 - With Dodson and Heinberg out of the picture, this book might actually be worth picking up, again. Razz (Still, I doubt it will be as good as Rucka's WW...)
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD-# 95

Batman- # 664. Diamond reports that this is coming out this week but DC's site doesn't list it. Maybe it will be revised on Diamond this afternoon. I am really hoping Morrison starts getting this title going. I am not too impressed so far.

Green Lantern- # 18. What? Forrest, you are not getting this?
Fantastic comic. One of my favorites.

Action Comics- # 847. Donner and Johns got off to a slow satrt with this series but after the last issue I am excited to read this issue.

Superman Confidential- # 4. I will probably finish out this arc and drop this title. It is off to a very slow start.

DD and GL are the big highlights for me this week.

Eric
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:
Green Lantern- # 18. What? Forrest, you are not getting this? Fantastic comic. One of my favorites.

I am DEFINITELY picking up GL #18! I just didn't see it on the new release list. It's been in my pull-list forever and that won't change any time soon. Cool
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD #95
Transformers Escalation #5

DD week is always good. This latest run of Transformers by IDW may be the last I'm on board with...there's a very good chance it gets dropped after this run. I've held on long enough and it's just not cutting it.

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil #95

Tarot: Witch of the Back Rose #43
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD #95 - The third Bru arc begins. I'm completely unspoiled because of my job. It's just like starting over.

Batman #664 - So Morrison comes back after... um, I don't remember what happened since he left. Which is why it's good to have him back.

USM #107 - It's kind of sad this is Bagley's last arc. Hopefully the overall look of the book won't change when he leaves. Otherwise I'll be giving up the book which brought me back to comics.
MercifulAvatar
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil 95: Maybe the Hand will raise Stiltman from the dead just so DD can kick his ass one last time. I'm not kidding. It's Bru, for chrissakes.

Fables 59: Starting a new arch after featuring the family Wolf in the last two issues.

Jack of Fables 9: Jack is filthy, filthy rich again and it will be fun to see how he effs it up this time.

Witchblade 104: Sara Pezzini is imacculately preggers and a new Bearer carries the Witchblade: a ballet dancer with a huge rack! I love you, Top Cow. Truly.
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 A.D. prog. # 1529 - Like Motörhead, it just keeps on rockin'...

Daredevil #95 - Already read the preview copy twice - that's how good this issue was.

Elephantmen #8 - After reading through the Ladrönn stuff in oversized hardcover form, this series has a whole new depth, and I'm excited all over again. Also, the zebra cop guy with the eyepatch, Trench, is just a bona fide badass. 'Blade Runner' meets 'The Lion King' via 'The Big Sleep'.

Star Wars Legacy #10 - Now that this series is coming out with some consistency, I expected the momentum to pick up. Instead, I got back-to-back stories with a bunch of political hooey... this issue looks to be back to basics, though. I'm excited.

Pretty light week, in all... at least Heavy Metal isn't out this week, or I'd really be hurting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: