Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up? 4/25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: What are you picking up? 4/25 Reply with quote

52 #51 - 48, 49, 50, 51... Very Happy

Amazons Attack #1 - ...what the heck, eh? I'll give it a shot only because I am a huge DC fan. However, they have done an absolutely terrible job building up any excitement for this. I'd be surprised if anyone else on this board is interested enough to pick this issue up. It may very likely bomb... still be better writing and schedule than Civil War. Very Happy

DD #96 - Great book! Everyone should read it! Razz

JSA Classified #25 - I'm a sucker for Alan Scott stories.

Justice Society of America #5 - How much do you love this cover?

Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil #96

Rex Mundi #5
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Forrest, In all the issues off 52 has the disappearance (transformation) of Aquaman been explained? I know he is not a huge fan favorite but I have always liked the character. Just curious.

This week entails:

Action Comics #848- Due to bad fill in stories due to slow shipping this conic has really lost some steam, and this is a fill in story. The Johns/Donner ones are great but the delays due to Adam Kubert's art are bringing the series down. I love his art but it doesn't seem like the stuff that would take months. Unless he's doing other titles I don't know of.

Justice Society of America #5-Added this to get the JLA/JSA crossover.

DD #96- but of course.

Despite my recent dropping of several Marvel titles I can't resist next weeks World War Hulk! I do want to see the fallout of the betrayal. As a side note, Edward Norton and Jessica Biel (sp?) have signed on to play Bruce Banner and Betty Ross in the next Hulk movie?
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I'll be trying to pick up the following:

52 WEEK #51 $2.50 - Getting so close, I hope it doesn't disappoint!

BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #5 $2.99 - This is okay-ish so far, I like Andy Diggle so I will buy it for him! I bought the two recent issues of Hellblazer (Not read yet, but my first ever Hellblazer purchase) on the back of Andy Diggle writing!

DAREDEVIL #96 $2.99 - Nuff said!

NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI SECRET HISTORY (PP #758) $3.99 - I'll see what it is in the shop and decide on it.

POWERS #24 (MR) $2.95 - Not read previous issue, has been very poor of recent.

PUNISHER PRESENTS BARRACUDA MAX #3 (OF 5) (MR) $3.99 - Enjoying this totally over the top romp, especially Wanda Lube!

WISDOM #5 (OF 6) (MR) $3.99 - Has been good to okay, not good enough to recommend, but its been okay. Enjoyed the blatant rip-off line from the Sweeney.

GAMEKEEPER JONATHAN HICKMAN COVER #2 $2.99 - Enjoyed #1 as recommendation from my LCS guy, good enough to want to read on.....

SE7EN LUST #4 (OF 7) (MR) $3.99 - Got all the others so far, only read #1 though, clever add-ons to the Se7en film. Really creepy and mentally torturing!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:
Hey Forrest, In all the issues off 52 has the disappearance (transformation) of Aquaman been explained? I know he is not a huge fan favorite but I have always liked the character. Just curious.

Nope, that is explained in the WWIII mini (the issues outside 52 #50). ...The explanation was logical, I suppose but I was not impressed. Aquaman has fallen into DC editorial's current obsession with getting even newer legacy characters, which I think is a profoundly bad decision. Razz

I loved Busiek's recent Aquaman but I still wish editorial hadn't messed with the character in the first place, especially considering the explanation in WWIII is not very satisfying. (Although I loved WWIII, mostly because I really like the direction DC is taking Martian Manhunter. Very Happy) Once DC learns that new is not inherently better, they'll find they can hold onto readers longer.
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote
Quote:
Nope, that is explained in the WWIII mini (the issues outside 52 #50). ...The explanation was logical, I suppose but I was not impressed. Aquaman has fallen into DC editorial's current obsession with getting even newer legacy characters, which I think is a profoundly bad decision.

Can you spoil it for me? What was their explanation? If you'd rather not I understand.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: