Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil: Battling Jack Murdock & cover to DD#94

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Daredevil: Battling Jack Murdock & cover to DD#94 Reply with quote

Check out the news section today... info on some mini-series and John Romita's cover to DD#94...
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, they messed up that cover a bit. It's "CLAYTON Blind Love." Better luck next time. Wink

C.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!

First, I love the JRSr. cover!

Now the real kicker, the images from the "Battling Jack" story! I couldn't cut and paste them, but check out the image of what appears to be Jack holding an infant. Two observations: I would say this means that Matt was without a mother at a very, very early age. Also, doesn't this remind you of the epic Mazz image from Born Again of Matt holding Karen?

Now, look at the next two pages. The nun (Sister Maggie, I assume) appears to just show up and give Jack this infant.

Is Jack really Matt's biological father? Sure, it's a long shot, but what the heck? From the look of things, Sister Maggie was a nun within the first few months of Matt's life. Assuming she is Matt's biological mother, was she a nun when she conceived?

...I know I may sound like a broken wheel on this, but what if Sister Maggie is not Matt's biological mother?

Why was Jack clearly drinking from a small bottle, giving off the "I'm a depressed drunk vibe," just before the nun gives him the infant?

I think/hope we see a story of Matt and Jack holding each other up as they grow older together, similar to what we briefly saw in the movie. In this case, Jack's life was spiraling downward (his young, pregnant wife tragically died but Matt lived?) but he has to get it together for Matt's sake, analagous to the famous moment when Jack refused to throw the fight.

...whatever, enough rambling from me. All I can say is I am VERY excited for this story!!!
fox_limbo
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really, really good stuff on the horizon.

I'm excited to see Brubaker's take on Matt and Milla's relationship.

"Battlin' Jack" looks to be promising.

"Iron Fist" looks interesting and I believe I'm going to pick up the arc(s) in trade paperback.

It seems to be a prime time to be a Daredevil fan. Very Happy
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:

...I know I may sound like a broken wheel on this, but what if Sister Maggie is not Matt's biological mother?

Instead, I suspect that Jack and Maggie could've been lovers in a time when she was already a nun.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:

Isn't this pretty much cut and dried in Born Again? Matt says something to the effect of "her scent is so much like my own" and when she denies that she is his mother, her heart skips a beat-indicating that she's lying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: