Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The Bendis debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel any better, I can't read or write.

Each one of my missives is lovingly typed by my secretary after I dictate to her.
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
No. No. No. No. No.

Let's look at the bit of my post that you quoted:

james castle wrote:

Bendis' run is widely regarded as a major achievement. You don't like it? Fine. That's cool. But to pretend that it isn't something worth acknowledging as something celebrated is just childish.

And then you say:

EightiesCartoon wrote:

So Dimetre won’t acknowledge Bendis’ run as something to celebrate.

And then, unbelievably you say:

EightiesCartoon wrote:

And if this, by some strange lapse on my part, wasn't the point of your argument, you need to be more concise and consistent in your posts brother

Strange lapse? Strange lapse? You somehow equate "something celebrated" with "something to celebrate". That's not a strange lapse. That's an enormous lapse. It changes the entire character of what I was saying. I said Bendis' run was something celebrated. Like, for example, X-Mas. Everyone would agree that X-Mas is, in fact, celebrated. I did not say that it was something to celebrate, which would imply that people should celebrate it. I don't care whether or not anyone celebrates X-Mas or not or liked Bendis' run or not.

So, yeah, you missed the point of my argument entirely. And it's not me that needs to be more concise and consistent with my posts. You just need to learn how to read.

I can read just fine, thank you.
I feel privelaged to have received big bold red underlines, they made my day! And it makes a nice change from CAPS, so - kudos.

Clarification was all I was asking for, and now that I can see your point (note lack of big red bold underlines because I can respect the fact that you can read) I agree with your point. Bendis' run was celebrated by the vast majority of critics.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee. We all agree. It's so nice when we all get along.

I wish I was Stanley.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celebrated at present, JC. It is distinctly possible that perspectives on Bendis' tenure will change in the months and years to come - particularly if Brubaker continues to excel (indeed, Brubaker has easily eclipsed and overshadowed all of Bendis' works). And it is probable that these perspectives will be far, far, less commendatory. Bendis was the grand master of meritricious self-promotion, no doubt. But like all charlatans and confidence men, he is slowly losing his luster.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
Celebrated at present, JC. It is distinctly possible that perspectives on Bendis' tenure will change in the months and years to come - particularly if Brubaker continues to excel (indeed, Brubaker has easily eclipsed and overshadowed all of Bendis' works). And it is probable that these perspectives will be far, far, less commendatory. Bendis was the grand master of meritricious self-promotion, no doubt. But like all charlatans and confidence men, he is slowly losing his luster.

I agree that he may lose his luster as the years go by.

Ain't happening yet though so you'll just have to keep holding your breath.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the current state of the EPA, I'm surprised we are not all hoding our breath, JC. Pity that Captain America, the Falcon, Cage and the other Marvel revolutionaries don't exist. We could use a open rebellion here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: