Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What Are You Picking Up This Week? 1-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: What Are You Picking Up This Week? 1-10 Reply with quote

Justice Society of America #2 - #1 was the best issue #1 I have ever read, EVER! Seriously, amazing stuff!!! Geoff Johns is a god among men!

52 #36 - I've heard hints that the ? (Vic) might live through 52. Do I smell a new ? ongoing based on the popularity of 52? Cool

Green Arrow #70 - Winick + McDaniel + Green Arrow = Outstanding Comicy Goodness!

JSA Classified #21 - The last issue, starring Dr. Midnight and written by Scott Beatty was brilliant and reminded me of Chichester's writing. Good stuff!

Martian Manhunter #6 - The most underrated mini out there. Lieberman is a simply amazing writer!

Good comic week. Very Happy

Justice League Heroes (PS2 game) - My girl bought this for me for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! The fact that I can pick Jay Garrick as the Flash makes this my favorite superhero game ever (beating out Spiderman and X-Men on SNES)! Cool
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted my bought and thought for ages, but I am massively behind on comics at the moment. I make it a point to prioritise 52 for obvious reasons, but other titles I'm 2-3 issues behind.

Any this week I'll be getting:

52 WEEK #36 - Luthor was awful last week, it was delicious!
BATMAN #662 $2.99 - This is one of the comics I'm 3 issues behind on, hopefully it won't be four!

BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #2 - First issue was ok, I really like Andy Diggle so I will stick with this.

RUSH CITY #4 (OF 6) - Not great but I like the concept, at least it is different.

STORMWATCH PHD #3 - This is ok, I want it to go somewhere or do something in this issue to hook me in.

NIGHTLY NEWS #3 (OF 6) - I've only had #1 and loved it for content, art, style and sheer difference from everything else. The topic may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm in. I didn't get #2 as my LCS didn't get any for some reason, said they would, but I've Ebayed for it now. I'd highly recommend this

PUNISHER #43 (MR) - Love the Pun, new story arc, enjoyed last story arc, I miss you O'brien

SQUADRON SUPREME HYPERION VS NIGHTHAWK #1 (OF 4) - I'll give it a go, lookds ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: