Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil #96 Solicitation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Daredevil #96 Solicitation Reply with quote

Quote:
The second part of the hard-hitting new arc "To the Devil, His Due" is here, and Brubaker and Lark are just getting warmed up! As Daredevil fights to find the source of new and violent trouble in Hell's Kitchen, Matt Murdock struggles to piece his life back together. But when a woman from his past enters the picture, it could all go flying off the rails.

A woman from Matt's past? If you ask me, Sister Maggie is long overdue.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed and since Brubaker seems to enjoy digging up the past and origins of old characters (Cap, Deadly Genesis, etc.), I am hoping that we'll be in luck! Very Happy
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which villain is causing problems in Hell's Kitchen in this arc?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although how could sister Maggie send Matt's life "flying off the rails?". Pray too much for him? Sit around the church too long?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Although how could sister Maggie send Matt's life "flying off the rails?". Pray too much for him? Sit around the church too long?

Taking off her helmet and tell Matt : "I am your father."

Smile Sorry, it's late and I'm back from a birthday party...
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Alley wrote:
Taking off her helmet and tell Matt : "I am your father."

Taking off her veil and tell him "I'm not your mother. I'm your daughter!"
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

She's dying?

www.UltimateCentral.com
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have noted previously, Sister Maggie's background has yet to be fully explored. Why did she abandon Matt? Why did she opt to become a nun? Perhaps Maggie has a sordid past...
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
As I have noted previously, Sister Maggie's background has yet to be fully explored. Why did she abandon Matt? Why did she opt to become a nun? Perhaps Maggie has a sordid past...

You know what could happen, whatever villain that is causing problems in Hell's Kitchen could target Sister Maggie in order to get revenge on DD. With her life in danger maggie decides to tell DD the truth, just in case she doesn't make it.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Overlord wrote:
You know what could happen, whatever villain that is causing problems in Hell's Kitchen could target Sister Maggie in order to get revenge on DD. With her life in danger maggie decides to tell DD the truth, just in case she doesn't make it.

What!? Just why in the world would some supervillain target Maggie!? Unless, of course, they read Born Again Rolling Eyes Even if a villain knew Matt was DD, just how in the hell would they know Maggie is his mother!?

rgj
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
the Overlord wrote:

What!? Just why in the world would some supervillain target Maggie!? Unless, of course, they read Born Again Rolling Eyes Even if a villain knew Matt was DD, just how in the hell would they know Maggie is his mother!?

rgj

Because many super villains are obsessive psychoapths, there is no way Maggie covered her trail well enough that someone with a real axe to grind against DD wouldn't find her out. All a villain has to do start where Matt's mother was last seen and follow the trail from there.

Bribes and threat of force will easily get one the information one needs to discover the true identity of Matt's mother. Do you really think Maggie's disappearance act would stand up to intense scrutiny?

Again I'm just spit balling here, speculating for the sake of fun. Relax.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord wrote:
Because many super villains are obsessive psychoapths, there is no way Maggie covered her trail well enough that someone with a real axe to grind against DD wouldn't find her out. All a villain has to do start where Matt's mother was last seen and follow the trail from there.

And, I say SHE DID cover her tracks. For heaven's sake, Matt discovered her by accident! Why would a supervillain read that Matt's mother is dead and then say, "Nah, that's gotta be wrong. Let me dig deeper." Please. She covered her tracks. I guarantee you that Sister Maggie's last name isn't Murdock (or her maiden name).

r"elaxing"gj
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Overlord wrote:

And, I say SHE DID cover her tracks. For heaven's sake, Matt discovered her by accident! Why would a supervillain read that Matt's mother is dead and then say, "Nah, that's gotta be wrong. Let me dig deeper." Please. She covered her tracks. I guarantee you that Sister Maggie's last name isn't Murdock (or her maiden name).

r"elaxing"gj

I agree with r"elaxing". Part of what makes her a good character is that she's been untouchable because she's so well hidden right under the noses of everyone. Not sayin' someone couldn't find out eventually.

I'm still thinking and hopeing it's her that shows up though. Like I said maybe she's dying? But there are plenty of ways her appearance alone could stir up so many contradicting feelings in Matt.

www.UltimateCentral.com
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Overlord wrote:

r"elaxing"gj

The thing is Matt wasn't really looking Maggie, he took his father's word and assumed she was dead. If Matt had actual looked for his mother, then he likely could have found her. Super Villains won't make the same assumptions Matt made, most lone psycho villains have a lot of time on their hands, plenty time to research every aspect of Matt's personal life back to when he was a child.

It doesn't matter if she changed her name, everyone leaves an information trail that leads right back them. In this day and age it is very hard to avoid prying eyes, unless you are really, really clever or you have help from the government. It seems unlikely that a house wife could disappear off the face of the Earth and leave no trail to follow. But since we know next to nothing about Maggie, it may be possible that she is that clever. Since we don't the what was involved with Maggie's disappearance, both of us are just guessing here.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
rgj wrote:
Overlord wrote:

r"elaxing"gj

I agree with r"elaxing". Part of what makes her a good character is that she's been untouchable because she's so well hidden right under the noses of everyone. Not sayin' someone couldn't find out eventually.

I'm still thinking and hopeing it's her that shows up though. Like I said maybe she's dying? But there are plenty of ways her appearance alone could stir up so many contradicting feelings in Matt.

I am not convinced that she could hide from someone who was actively looking for her, especially if said someone is an obsessive, psychopathic super villain. I find it a bit unbelievible that a house wife would be that good disappearing. Besides I assume the two plot lines a villain causing trouble and Matt meeting with a woman from his past are somehow connected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: