Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 2-7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Bought/Thought 2-7 Reply with quote

Fell #7 Wow. Once again Ellis delivers the goods. I'm just disappointed we had pages from Casanova instead of backmatter.

Plus, more of you guys need to be buying this. What possible excuse could you have? It's only $1.99.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real bad week for comics for me, excluded some comic bags for £4, that meant a staggering £26 on comics, that includes my discount too. Real divorce material if she finds the receipt, lucky that I've hidden inside my secret copy of Play-Boy along with the phone number for my Friday afternoon girlfriend!

Anyway, I got the following:

52 WEEK #40 - A great issue, after chatting to a few friends in the LCS, I realise that I am one of the few who still get 52. I don't know if its just my stamina for complete runs once I start, the fact that I've read little DC beyond Batman so it is all very fresh to me or the fact that I love Renee and The Question (?) and just want to see how they get on. Wow long sentence. Menacing, some justice finally dispensed and I thought that John Henry was for the chop too, pleased that he made it out alive. More Renee and don't be dead Question (?).

DETECTIVE COMICS #828 - Not read yet, if its Dini then its gold. If you haven't been reading this run, it really is that good, it is far better than anything I've read with Batman in for a good while, better than most of Morrison's recent stuff in my lowly opinion at least.

JONAH HEX #16 - Not read yet.

LOVELESS #15 (MR) - Great issue, dark, screwed up, full of hatred, irony, dark humour, really really good stuff. A definate slow boiler, but its taking that chill of that water now!

MIDNIGHTER #4 - Love this comic, one of my must reads every time, good issue, interesting morals at the end, my only complaint is that after a good solid start it may turn in to a issue climax with a mini-story in the middle, I hope that I'm not wrong by with prediction come next month.

OTHER SIDE #5 (OF 5) (MR) - Not read yet, very atmospheric, you can feel the heat, smell the forest, feel the humidity and the paranoia. I love it, though not a flowing or easy read at times.

SCALPED #2 (MR) - Got to be honest, I've got #1 and not read it yet, go #2 as I still like the sound of the original premise and I do tend to give 3-4 issues a go if I can get past #1. Think that this is from the writer of Other Side (see above), I have hopes with this title.

FELL #7 (RES) - I have been a huge advocate of this title, one of the most consistent, 9/10 or 10/10 comics I've ever read. A must recommend to anyone who reads comics. Saying all this, I didn't read it yesterday, as I want to concentrate on it and saviour the read, needless to say, it will not remain unread for long.

SAM NOIR RONIN HOLIDAY #1 (OF 3) - Got #1 of the first mini, enjoyed it, then my LCS didn't get any more. Will get the tpb that was realised with this when in stock. Giving it a go again.

DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #1 (OF 7) - Other than Stephan King wrote the Dark Tower, I knew nothing of what it was about, just assumed horror naively. Been looking forward to this and it didn't dissapoint, I intend to buy and read a Dark Tower book now, so it has done its job. Very glossy production, very well done.

NEW AVENGERS #27 - Brilliant issue. I was concerned that during and after HoM, that Bendis! had gone off the boil. Powers was (is still...?) sucking and NA was getting crappy. Then came Civil War. His Civil war stuff has been amazing, this issue is no different. A great issue, perhaps one of my faves so far. A real emotion roller-coaster, this will be pushing Fell (which will have to perform) for my read of the week.

NEWUNIVERSAL #3 - Not read yet, nor #1 or #2, though friends @ LCS are recommending so, I feel safe with my blind purchases thus far!

PUNISHER #44 (MR) - Very unlike me, not read #43 yet, but I love Frank, so this will be brill!

SQUADRON SUPREME HYPERION VS NIGHTHAWK #2 (OF 4) - Enjoyed this more that #1, I will definately finish the mini-series now. Very dark, twisted and screwed up. I love it, very intrigued by it all, some deliciously warped minds at play.

LEADING MAN #5 (OF 5) (MR) - A real bad shipper, really enjoyed it, but the last issue did seem to wrap it all up a bit too neatly. Four issues of real menace and then the last issue to neatly wrap it all up. I hope that there is more than this mini. I've bought the last two B Clay Moore's (Battle Hymn and this Leading Man) and enjoyed both, but Battle Hymn was a real dissappointment in the end, a great build up and the balloon pops and peters out to nothing, this was similar in some ways. Its almost like he can write a great story, but can't finish a book. Overall I enjoyed it and will buy B Clay Moore again.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real bad week for comics for me, excluded some comic bags for £4, that meant a staggering £26 on comics, that includes my discount too. Real divorce material if she finds the receipt, lucky that I've hidden inside my secret copy of Play-Boy along with the phone number for my Friday afternoon girlfriend!

Anyway, I got the following:

52 WEEK #40 - A great issue, after chatting to a few friends in the LCS, I realise that I am one of the few who still get 52. I don't know if its just my stamina for complete runs once I start, the fact that I've read little DC beyond Batman so it is all very fresh to me or the fact that I love Renee and The Question (?) and just want to see how they get on. Wow long sentence. Menacing, some justice finally dispensed and I thought that John Henry was for the chop too, pleased that he made it out alive. More Renee and don't be dead Question (?).

DETECTIVE COMICS #828 - Not read yet, if its Dini then its gold. If you haven't been reading this run, it really is that good, it is far better than anything I've read with Batman in for a good while, better than most of Morrison's recent stuff in my lowly opinion at least.

JONAH HEX #16 - Not read yet.

LOVELESS #15 (MR) - Great issue, dark, screwed up, full of hatred, irony, dark humour, really really good stuff. A definate slow boiler, but its taking that chill of that water now!

MIDNIGHTER #4 - Love this comic, one of my must reads every time, good issue, interesting morals at the end, my only complaint is that after a good solid start it may turn in to a issue climax with a mini-story in the middle, I hope that I'm not wrong by with prediction come next month.

OTHER SIDE #5 (OF 5) (MR) - Not read yet, very atmospheric, you can feel the heat, smell the forest, feel the humidity and the paranoia. I love it, though not a flowing or easy read at times.

SCALPED #2 (MR) - Got to be honest, I've got #1 and not read it yet, go #2 as I still like the sound of the original premise and I do tend to give 3-4 issues a go if I can get past #1. Think that this is from the writer of Other Side (see above), I have hopes with this title.

FELL #7 (RES) - I have been a huge advocate of this title, one of the most consistent, 9/10 or 10/10 comics I've ever read. A must recommend to anyone who reads comics. Saying all this, I didn't read it yesterday, as I want to concentrate on it and saviour the read, needless to say, it will not remain unread for long.

SAM NOIR RONIN HOLIDAY #1 (OF 3) - Got #1 of the first mini, enjoyed it, then my LCS didn't get any more. Will get the tpb that was realised with this when in stock. Giving it a go again.

DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #1 (OF 7) - Other than Stephan King wrote the Dark Tower, I knew nothing of what it was about, just assumed horror naively. Been looking forward to this and it didn't dissapoint, I intend to buy and read a Dark Tower book now, so it has done its job. Very glossy production, very well done.

NEW AVENGERS #27 - Brilliant issue. I was concerned that during and after HoM, that Bendis! had gone off the boil. Powers was (is still...?) sucking and NA was getting crappy. Then came Civil War. His Civil war stuff has been amazing, this issue is no different. A great issue, perhaps one of my faves so far. A real emotion roller-coaster, this will be pushing Fell (which will have to perform) for my read of the week.

NEWUNIVERSAL #3 - Not read yet, nor #1 or #2, though friends @ LCS are recommending so, I feel safe with my blind purchases thus far!

PUNISHER #44 (MR) - Very unlike me, not read #43 yet, but I love Frank, so this will be brill!

SQUADRON SUPREME HYPERION VS NIGHTHAWK #2 (OF 4) - Enjoyed this more that #1, I will definately finish the mini-series now. Very dark, twisted and screwed up. I love it, very intrigued by it all, some deliciously warped minds at play.

LEADING MAN #5 (OF 5) (MR) - A real bad shipper, really enjoyed it, but the last issue did seem to wrap it all up a bit too neatly. Four issues of real menace and then the last issue to neatly wrap it all up. I hope that there is more than this mini. I've bought the last two B Clay Moore's (Battle Hymn and this Leading Man) and enjoyed both, but Battle Hymn was a real dissappointment in the end, a great build up and the balloon pops and peters out to nothing, this was similar in some ways. Its almost like he can write a great story, but can't finish a book. Overall I enjoyed it and will buy B Clay Moore again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: