Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 2-14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 2-14 Reply with quote

The Nightly News #4
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing week! Cool

Justice Society #3 - The best ongoing comic on the market!

Immortal Iron Fist #1 Director's Cut - Might be the second best ongoing comic on the market. Brubaker, d*** you for making me add another book to my pull-list! Razz This is like deja vu from when I became addicted to the new Captain America volume. This time it is worse because I suspect I'm going to start checking out some of Fraction's books... At least I graduated and I theoretically have more money than I did, last year. Very Happy

52 #41 - Black Adam is going crazeeee!

Astonishing X-Men #20 - Finally, that crazy space opera from the first arc is paying off. ...I'm acutally looking forward to Whedon wraping this thing up.

Batman #663 - Sure, Morrison is back but does anyone else find themselves not really caring about Bruce Wayne's love life and his potential spawn? ...might drop this one...

Green Arrow #71 - With Winick and McDaniel onboard, this is the most consistent comic on the stands. It's like the Big Mac... er, Boston Market of comics! Razz

Martian Manhunter #7 - Not as good as his Gotham Knights, but Lieberman is still the most underrated writer in the industry.

Tales of the Unexpected #5 - Azzarello's backup (Dr. 13) is outstanding, old school, weird comic goodness! Then, as always, Lapham's idea of gritty makes his peers look like the Blues Clues guy. (If you've recently eaten or held a baby, you don't want to read a story about long dead rats eating a man, while he's falling out of a building onto a cop car. Razz) While Lapham's gore does push me away, he writes outstanding tension between the Spectre and his human host!

Spontaneously dropping:
Trials of Shazam #5 - The wrong characters, the wrong atmosphere, etc. I signed up for Billy and Captain Marvel. Instead, I feel like I'm reading a Harry Potter sequel. Usually, I'd stick it out for a Winick book but there are far too many other books I'd rather read.
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: I'm picking up... Reply with quote

Immortal Iron Fist #1 Director's Cut - I really didn't want to like this book, but over time, it's become increasingly difficult to rationalize why. Frenetic art, good story, not too much boring exposition - Danny Rand is a man of action, I dig it!

2000 A.D. #1524 - 'Nuff said, really. This is a weekly magazine, eat your hearts out, 52! I'd much rather read about Judge Dredd busting asses than a bunch of DC comics B-listers trying to find out what really happened to the characters we actually give a rat's ass about. Laaaaame.

Star Wars Legacy #8 - This story seriously rules. All the Star Wars titles have heavily revamped in terms of quality of art and story, and Legacy is the best of the bunch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: