Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The loose of Daredevil's soul to the mundanr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardr5589
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: The loose of Daredevil's soul to the mundanr. Reply with quote

The recent DD books have been intetesting but I for one am so tired of the trials and tribulations of Matt Murdock. Count the # of panels DD has and the # Matt Murdock has and you will find that for quite some time Matt has many more. I for one do not read Dardevil comics to hear exclusivel;y about Matt's love life or interaction with other characters, I want to see Daredevil in action. I guess Marvel feels the drawing of the comic is more realistic, well tha might be but the new art work and stories loose the soul of the most famous vigilante. Let Dardevil kick some ass again as the main story line not the contrived ones prestnted latlely were Daredevil is a second thought. What do you think?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is much more to the character than kicking ass and taking names. Nothing bores me faster than page after page of sound effects of crunching bones, etc. A little is fine, it's just that there is so much more to be told in this title than just fighting.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "recent" Daredevil stories? Daredevil, the comic, has focused on Matt Murdock (as opposed to Daredevil) virtually constantly since Born Again (with the only really noteable exception I can think of being the Kessel run). Daredevil has been a book about Matt for arguable over two decades now. It's ridiculous to suggest that anyone should "go back" to the ass kicking days. And if someone did it wouldn't be the Daredevil book that we know and love.

Everyone pining for ass kicking and superhero hi-jinx should just go out and buy an arm load of Essesntials and let the rest of us enjoy modern stories about Matt Murdock (who is, sometimes, Daredevil).

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
the truebeliever
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me personally, I find it so boring to have a 2-D character. You need to have Matt Murdock to have Daredevil. I love seeing Matt Murdock's life and how his dual identity affects it. I love seeing not only Matt as Daredevil but Matt as just regular Matt in court. A great example of what I mean is in #173-174 which was of course part of Miller's run. You see Matt defending Melvin Potter (The Gladiator) in court when Melvin was accused of something he didn't do (raping young girls) but as well you see Matt as Daredevil trying to get to the bottom of it. That's the type of Daredevil I love.

I also love seeing his relationships. When you really see his relationships you see how much of a tragic character he is.

So technically my point is, it doesn't bother me to have Matt in more pages in an issue because 99.9% of the time it makes the story better and more believable. That's just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: