Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Who Is Gael?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avengers911
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Who Is Gael? Reply with quote

I have never heard of him.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick up the trade paperback Love Labors Lost. You can read about the Gael in their. Basically he was an Irish terrorist. He made for some good stories, and the book has plenty more written by Denny O'Neil, plus a cool one-shot from Frank Miller.
Neilan
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Gael was an interesting addition to the DD rogue's gallery and one of the reasons that I enjoyed Denny O'Neil's run on the title. Following Frank Miller could not have been easy and I thought O'Neil did a great job. Admittedly, I had low expectations for O'Neil since I thought he was absolutely horrible when he was on Amazing Spider-Man (anyone remember Mudman? It's what you get when Sandman and Hydroman are fused. Razz ) His DD run was certainly helped a great deal, IMO, by Mazzuchelli's art, but for me, Denny O'Neil is in the top 8 of my favorite DD writers.
I suppose bringing the Gael back now, wouldn't be a good fit, as his political agenda is no longer topical, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Brubaker could come up with.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neilan wrote:
I thought the Gael was an interesting addition to the DD rogue's gallery and one of the reasons that I enjoyed Denny O'Neil's run on the title.

[. . .]

Denny O'Neil is in the top 8 of my favorite DD writers.

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: