Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 4-26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Bought/Thought 4-26 Reply with quote

DD #96 - I honestly cannot believe how good this book is under Brubaker's pen! DD is more original, exciting and authentic than I can remember it being in years! Good stuff! Very Happy

52 #51 - I am going to be very sad to see this one wrap up, next week. ...I'd be more sad if Countdown didn't look so incredible. Razz

Amazons Attack #1 - ...it was OK... The whole thing just came out of nowhere and it feels like it should have "Wonder Woman" in the title. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they are jonesing for another Wonder Woman comic.

Flash #11 - SO GOOD! At this pace, Mark Guggenheim's Flash (starting with #9) will be one of those DC comics that I'd recommend to anyone, including non-DC people. Plus, this fantastic comic is going to get a boost when Tony Daniel jumps on pencils, next month. Very Happy ...I might have to look into Guggenheim's Blade series...

Justice League of America #8 - Meltzer never ceases to amaze me! This was the kind of book which I actually found myself referencing to non-comic people (the chess match with Mr. Terrific). I can't wait until the day Meltzer stays on a book for more than 12 issues!

Justice Society of America #5 - Part 2 of the Lightning Saga cross-over and it's getting crazy! For a JLA/JSA cross-over written by Meltzer and Johns, I couldn't have much higher expectations but it's looking like they'll be met and then some. Cool
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the following:

52 WEEK #51 - Going going going ....... good issue, I just hope that all the questions (?) get answers or are left open enough for mini-series' or new ongoing titles. I hope that at the end of this that 52 can be read as a complete story rather than just a lead in or just left totally open. I fully appreciate that it will lead into Countdown, still not going to get it yet by the way, but I just hope that there was an ending that they were always working to rather than an editorial decision after 20 weeks of positive sales that change the ending to mean another 52 weekly comics get green lit in Countdown.

BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #5 - Not read it yet, but enjoy Andy Diggle's work.

DAREDEVIL #96 - Shamefully, not read it yet, though I've now read #94 & #95, I do at least feel reasonably up to date with DD again.
FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS - Not read yet. Really enjoyed the Wolvie one before, I hope that this is the same.

POWERS #24 (MR) - I've read about 80% of this, was better than Powers has been, this title is either badly doing a slow boil for a bigger plot or it is just stuttering badly of late. I feel that Bendis! is putting all his efforts into other works and just doing the minimum with Powers to keep it on schedule.

PUNISHER PRESENTS BARRACUDA MAX #3 (OF 5) (MR) - Read one! Good over the top fun, Ennis's tongue has pushed well through his cheek with this title.

WISDOM #5 (OF 6) (MR) - Not read yet, enjoying the series so far, though does read as a series of six one-shots rather than a series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: