Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up? 5/2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up? 5/2 Reply with quote

52 #52 - I might just leave work early, Wednesday! Very Happy

Astonishing X-Men #21 - I will be very sad to see Whedon and Cassady (sp) leave this book. After they leave, Astonishing may be the last X-title I read for some time, unless Brubaker's next Uncanny arc grabs me more than this one.

Book of Fate (Softcover) - OK, not a comic but according to Meltzer's blog, there is a misprint in the back: the publishers included the Identity Crisis author bio, rather than the Book of Fate author bio. That's worth the $6 especially considering I still have not read this book.

Buffy Season 8 Issue #3 - This is one of the best executed comics ever! Whedon should start his own comic universe by extending Angel, Firefly, etc. into comics.

Checkmate #13 - The most intelligent mainstream comic I have ever read. Rucka is just amazing!

Green Lantern #19 - Can't wait for Sinestro Corps, which Johns said ~If Rebirth is Star Wars, Sinestro Corps is Empire Strikes Back. (Wizard 188) Considering Rebirth is in my top five favorite comic stories ever, I am definitely excited! Cool Cool Cool

Incredible Hulk #106 - I'm reading more Marvel after Civil War ...how did this happen? Well, I made the mistake of reading Planet Hulk and loved it. Razz So, I still can't bring myself to read any of that Initiative nonsense but I am definitely there to see Hulk smash some puny humans! (Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Razz)

Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil #3 - I'd recommend this 4 issue mini to everyone, even non-comic people. It's a story that has this timeless, all ages, magical feel... like The Lion King or Finding Nemo. Very Happy

Teen Titans #46 - Great title

WWH Prologue - (Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. ) Razz
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG WEEK!! At least for my wallet.

Detective Comics # 832

Green Lantern # 19 - By far my favorite title right now. I can't wait to see the Sinestro Corps. The characters that have been recuited so far are promising to make for an interesting confrontation.

Superman # 662 - Hopefully it will be back to the ongoing story. These fillers are getting tiresome.

Incredible Hulk # 106 - One of the few Marvel titles I am still getting. I am excited to see how this one unfolds. I just reread the entire "Planet Hulk" run and it reads even better now than when I was thrilled with it one month at a time.

World War Hulk prologue - Ditto

Shazam and the Moster Society of Evil # 3 - I really like the way this tile is unfolding. Just a fun read.
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #4

Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness #3

Hellboy: Darkness Calls #1
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking Dead Vol. 6.

Because it's scary.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: