Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought/Thought 5-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Bought/Thought 5-2 Reply with quote

I never get around to reading all my comics on Wednesday night but here's what I got around to so far:

52 #52 - I LOVED it. Like most, I was very concerned that they may not sufficiently wrap up all the loose-ends but I think they did a great job. I am saddened by the fate of one of my favorite characters but also happy for that character, at the same time. I am also very excited for read upcoming Booster Gold and Animal Man stories, two characters I never cared much about a handful of issues ago. All in all, I think this was one of the most fantastic comic endeavors in many many years. Just fantastic storytelling with a cherry on top (52! Very Happy).

Astonishing X-Men - I can't wait to see where this ends up!

Green Lantern #19 - What Johns is doing with Green Lantern and the DCU is just breathtaking!

Incredible Hulk #106 - Only my second Peter David Hulk issue and I LOVE it! WWH will be the best Marvel event of the decade! (Sure, I haven't read Annihilation.)

WWH Prologue - Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Very Happy
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bought/Thought 5-2 Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Please kill Stark. Very Happy
I'm glad that someone else thinks this too. In every MU book I read, I just want to see Judas Stark suffer. I am not buying Mighty Avengers as it is full of traitors who betrayed friends and I will not go and see the Iron Man movie either. Die Judas Stark, go rot.

And on another bought / Thought thread from the other week, Avril Lavigne's new album sounds soooo like Sum 41 its unbelieveable, must be pillow talk influence....!

Anyway, last week I bought the following:

52 WEEK #52 $2.50 - Enjoyed the finale, I was pleased that it was a self contained arc, slightly dissappointed that there is no lead into Countdown, that would have been a nice trick to encourage sales. I just wonder how many people will think that they've had enough after 52 and will give Countdown a miss? I am on the fence, I want to for Paul Dini, but I don't know if it interests me as much with the characters on show, but Joker looks interesting I must say if Dini is involved......Damn you!

CHECKMATE #13 $2.99 - Always enjoyed this title, interesting tie up with Outsiders, a title which I've never read before. The cliff hanger continues in Outsiders #47 which I will get, then I noticed that Checkmate ships again next week, along with some comedy titles of Ultimates2#14 & AS Batman & Robin #5, surely someone is jesting......?

DETECTIVE COMICS #832 $2.99 - Enjoying this, a filler issue for another Dini absence, he has totally raised the bar on this title, that the others just look like fill-in's, which they are!

JONAH HEX #19 $2.99 - Enjoyed this again, the story has left the gate open for a follow up, so from the look of next months preview it will continue, I want some arcs rather than continual one-shots, this will be a welcome change.

MIDNIGHTER #7 $2.99 - Love this title, no more Ennis though, Vaughan wrote this one, I think that Ennis will be doing little work for DC in the future following the Boys fiasco! Enjoying the series, long may it continue! Good idea with the back to front issue, a good concept, added more to how the character thinks.

SCALPED #5 (MR) $2.99 - Not read yet.

DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #4 (OF 7) $3.99 - Not read yet, but enjoying the level of detail in this, want to read the books now, which was hopefully the intention of the comic series huh?

PUNISHER #47 (MR) $2.99 - Love it, tragic characters as always. I loves me Frank!

Up to episode #20 of Heroes, best thing on telly ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: