Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up? 5/9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up? 5/9 Reply with quote

Countdown #51 - I've just reread 52 #1 to #10 and I am in awe of how much of this story was right under our noses the whole time. It's not as in your face as the classics by Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, etc. but 52 currently stands in my list of all time classic comic tales (e.g. with Maus, GL: Rebirth, Born Again, Identity Crisis, etc.) So, I have enormous faith in DC on their next weekly.

Criminal TPB #1 - With indie comics, I'm more into TPB. I'll finally give this one a go.

Green Arrow #74 - Second to last issue... sad. Razz Hopefully Winick and McDaniel team up on another ongoing. (Their recent Outsiders Annual makes me wish that McDaniel would jump onboard that title, especially with Martian Manhunter potentially joining their ranks. Cool)

Nightwing #132 - As long as Marv Wolfman is writing, I'm there! Very Happy

Outsiders #47 - Part 1 of this crossover (in Checkmate) was one of the most fun comics I have read in some time. Now, I can't wait for Nightwing to get stomped by Checkmate! Twisted Evil

Tales of the Unexpected #8 - Really looking forward to the final installment of Brian Azzarello's Dr. 13 backup! Very Happy
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be picking up the following:

COUNTDOWN #51 - I'll see, might / might not, totally undecided on it.

DMZ #19 (MR) - Enjoyed the last arc, still not read the previous issue, starting to go somewhere.

GRIFTER MIDNIGHTER #3 (OF 6) - Enjoying this mini series, even if the bad language is bleeped out, grow up DC.

OUTSIDERS #47 - Getting it for the complete story from Checkmate, if it's got Sacha Bordeaux in it, I'm there!

STORMWATCH PHD #7 - This title is really growing on me, last few issues have been really good.

BATTLE POPE #14 (MR) - First issue for a while, not sure on the reason for the delay. Enjoying the title, though not as laugh out loud for me as some.

MADAME MIRAGE FIRST LOOK - Look amazing, I hope that this mini really whets my appetite, plus it Paul Dini!!

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #5 - Surprised me by being one of my favourites books when I didn't think it would be. Great story arc at the moment, Ed Bru / Matt Fraction could define this title with a great run.

NEW AVENGERS #30 CWI - Enjoying this title more and more, an essential read at the moment, and it doesn't have Judas Stark as a main character which is a bonus!

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #7 CWI - Two issues behind on this, I need to catch up with my reading.

THUNDERBOLTS #114 CWI - Ho hum, its ok, I just feel sorry for the c list heroes getting attacked by this bunch.

ULTIMATE POWER #5 (OF 9) - Funny shipping dates, been okay so far, 2-2 1/2 out of 5 to be honest. I just like the Ultimates and its some Nick Fury so worth it for that at least!

GAMEKEEPER JONATHAN HICKMAN COVER #2 - Recommended by my LCS guy, enjoyed the first, will carry on with it, also its written by a favourite of mine Andy Diggle.

GARTH ENNIS CHRONICLES OF WORMWOOD #3 (OF 6) - Extreme stuff, but good, enjoying Ennis on a long leash!

TWO GUNS CVR A #2 (OF 4) - Not read #1 yet, but liked the idea, will get #2.

No more as I'll be skint!
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MADAME MIRAGE FIRST LOOK - Look amazing, I hope that this mini really whets my appetite, plus it Paul Dini!!

It has certainly had an enormous hype.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: