Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Favorite DD chica?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandrill
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
jumonji wrote:

Never mind him. We went several days on this board without sarcastic attacks on other people's opinions. I guess it had to end at some point.

I personally disagree with you, but I see where you're coming from and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. Keep posting! Wink

Actually, never mind her. About 50% of jumonji's posts are about posts and posting and the board as opposed to the actual subject at hand. It's her super special way of cluttering the board with meaningless posts and we love her for it.

Isn't making a post to point out that other people make posts just to comment about posts somewhat hypocritical?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandrill wrote:
james castle wrote:
jumonji wrote:

Never mind him. We went several days on this board without sarcastic attacks on other people's opinions. I guess it had to end at some point.

I personally disagree with you, but I see where you're coming from and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. Keep posting! Wink

Actually, never mind her. About 50% of jumonji's posts are about posts and posting and the board as opposed to the actual subject at hand. It's her super special way of cluttering the board with meaningless posts and we love her for it.

Isn't making a post to point out that other people make posts just to comment about posts somewhat hypocritical?

Yes. Yes it is. But I was hoping no one would catch that. Damn you Mandrill!!!!!!

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, don't let him confuse you. He's using simian pheromones.
Kirika
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandrill wrote:
I must also say that I'm in the small minority that was pretty pleased that Karen Page got offed. I think KS did it in poor fashion, but I never liked Karen Page. I thought she was integral and amazing in BA but beyond that she just got blah.

Thank you! I knew that there had to be more of us out there.
Mandrill
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:

You promised you wouldn't mention the pheromones!!!

And Kirika, you are not alone about Karen. There are two of us. Find one more and we can form a club.

JC, sorry for pointing it out. It did make me laugh if it makes it any better for you.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandrill wrote:
Francesco wrote:

You promised you wouldn't mention the pheromones!!!

And Kirika, you are not alone about Karen. There are two of us. Find one more and we can form a club.

JC, sorry for pointing it out. It did make me laugh if it makes it any better for you.

Well, that makes it worth it. And the point isn't that everyone must love Karen Page. I think she was an important part of DD's world and there were plenty of great stories that wouldn't be the same without her (Don't Touch Me/Touch me for example or the great scene with her and Matt right before Bullet hits him and everything goes to hell (literally(after a while)). If you don't like her that's fine. Contrary to popular belief I do believe that people are entitled to their opinions.

On the flip side there's nothing wrong with pointing out when people's opinions are based on ridiculously poor information and/or ignorance.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a soft spot for Echo. Before she became the unrelevant, misused character she is now.
Kirika
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
I used to have a soft spot for Echo. Before she became the unrelevant, misused character she is now.

I still have a soft spot for her. I just keep hoping they will do something interesting with the character.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, but what they did to her after her appearences in Daredevil was a complete shame.
First the Ronin thing (and she wasn't even supposed to be Ronin from the start, she was just a last minute fall back).

Then, a mere walk-on for the rag tag team of the new avengers, where she was so unrelevant that they didn't even care to remember that she's deaf and could only communicate by reading lips.
Also New Avengers #39, featured her as protagonist but failed to give her any importance.
Jim B.
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say for me that Black Widow is the woman I like to see with Matt the most. They are both equals and they complement each other well. I like their playful, not so serious relationship. They seem to have more of a lustful sexual relationship when they are together but you know they still care about one another and have a deep respect for each other. Plus what man could resist a gorgeous red headed Russian woman? But since she seems to be having a thing with Bucky over in Captain America now it is unlikely Matt and Natalia will be getting together again any time soon.

I don't know I may be alone in this but I just don't think Matt was really meant to have a relationship with a "normal" woman. He is too high strung and his life as a vigilante is too crazy for it. I mean just look at what ends up happening with these women eventually, nothing but bad. I think with his personality and his life a more carefree relationship suits him better, especially with a strong (more equal) woman like Natalia.

I do have to say though that I will always have a soft spot for Karen as Matt's love interest. She was the love of his life and I think will always be.
jumonji
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B. wrote:
Plus what man could resist a gorgeous red headed Russian woman?

A blind man? Wink

Jokes aside, I really do like the Matt/Natasha thing as far as the two of them having great sexual chemistry. My reasons for imagining him with someone more "normal" is exactly what you bring up here. Because his life is so crazy, he's probably looking for some balance. Sure, he's got his job and all that but I just always saw him as a regular guy first, and a superpowered vigilante second. But, I wouldn't mind Natasha stopping by from time to time to lift his spirits.
Kirika
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Matt does crave balance...the kind he can get with a "normal" woman, but normal women don't exactly have it good with him. His life as DD always ends up getting them hurt. Just look at what being with Matt has done for Heather, Karen, and Milla. Two dead and one in a nut ward. His track record isn't exactly great.

On the other hand, women like Natasha, Maya, and Elektra at least have a chance of making it out alive and sane. Granted Elektra did die once, but she can still hold her own better than Karen could.
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirika wrote:

Granted Elektra did die once, but she can still hold her own better than Karen could.

Maybe not. They were both murdered by Bullseye. Natasha, meanwhile, was the only girl friend to have survived an attack from Bullseye. So maybe it's Natasha who stands the best chance of surviving.

Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Natasha, meanwhile, was the only girl friend to have survived an attack from Bullseye.

Yes, but only because Bullseye needed her alive to serve as a bait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: