Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Sister Maggie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Sister Maggie Reply with quote

Hello,
I don't know if there is another thread on the question, but I am intrigued by something : Why has Grace Murdock become Sister Maggie ?

Miller has never given a reason for that. In her first apparition during "born again", considering Matt illness, it was way more interesting not to know if she was truly Grace Murdock or if she was only a nun who saved him and Matt "hallucinate" due to the fever.

But, later, it was confirmed that she was truly Matt mother , even if it was only implicit. (Well, excepts in "guardian devil", but it only proved how bad of a writer kevin smith is), but no true reason were given. (Or, in fact, I never read a comic that explained that)

Is there an "official" answer to that (by official I mean a comic of course)

And if not, what do you think of it ? I know that some of you have written about that in a topic about the "battling jack" mini series. I agree with you when you said that the battling jack issues were highly flawed and unconvincing. I won't even write about the "josie" thing, but Sister Maggie leaving Jack for no clear reason, letting him with a child only to become a nun, i don't buy it.

But I have also some problem with the theory that Jack was engaged with Grace Murdock being already a nun. It's a better version. It's way better than the "battling jack" one but it's still unperfect.

If Jack wasn't convinced that Grace was dead, wouldn't Matt have discovered the truth with his super senses ? For me, it discredit the fact that Jack knew where Sister Maggie is (And it discredit also more the "battling jack mini")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: