Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

New Daredevil tradepaperbacks/collections in 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: New Daredevil tradepaperbacks/collections in 2010 Reply with quote

I found some interesting items on Amazon.ca related to Daredevil, and looks like we're getting lots of really cool collections next year...

Daredevil: Lone Stranger TPB by Ann Nocenti and John Romita, Jr.
The Man Without Fear becomes the Man Without Hope as Manhattan falls beneath the fangs and claws of Inferno! Losing everything in more than one kind of fire, DD leaves Hell's Kitchen to walk to and fro upon the Earth - but no matter where he goes, Mephisto's waiting for him! Inhumane experimentation and Inhuman secrets abound! Guest-starring Spider-Man and Freedom Force! Collects Daredevil (1964) #265-273.

March 2010

Essential Daredevil Vol. 5 by various
This is your parents' Daredevil, and you never knew they had it so good! DD goes cosmic when the first Thanos War spills into his new territory of San Francisco, with Matt Murdock's own boss as part of the invasion! Angar, Ramrod, the Disciples of Doom, and more menace for the Man Without Fear - and even help from Spider-Man and Captain Marvel might not make the difference! Then, it's back to New York for twin tilts at terrorism - fighting Hydra alongside the Black Widow, and Black Spectre alongside the Thing! Also featuring the Man-Thing, Nick Fury, Shanna the She-Devil, and the debut of the Silver Samurai! Collects Daredevil (1964) #101-125, and Marvel Two-In-One #3.

March 2010

Daredevil: The Devil's Hand TPB by Diggle and De La Torre
Meet Daredevil as you've NEVER seen him before! The cataclysmic events of issue #500 left Matt in the toughest place of his life - and forced him to make the hardest decision he's ever made. Now's the start of a radically different chapter in Daredevil's adventures with the new creative team of Andy Diggle (Thunderbolts) and Roberto De La Torre (Iron Man) Collects Daredevil: Dark Days & Daredevil #501-505.

April 2010

(Thanks to Andy Diggle to informed me that "Dark Days" was the original working title of the Dark Reign: The List one shots)

Daredevil/Echo: Parts of a Hole Premiere HC by Mack, Quesada and Palmiotti
She is Echo. Though seemingly kindred souls, their secret identities are very much at odds. Maya seeks out her father's killer, a man that Kingpin fingers as Daredevil. Can Matt Murdock clear his name before his new love becomes his executioner? Acclaimed writer/painter David Mack and artist Joe Quesada weave a tale of dangerous liaisons and forbidden romance that will change the Man Without Fear forever! Collects Daredevil #9-12.

March 2010

(#9-12 seems wrong, since the arc was #9-15)

And it also looks like there will be new tradepaperback printings of Guardian Devil, Born Again and Man Without Fear in early 2010.
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the 'Lone Stranger' trade. I've always wanted to read more of Nocenti's DD (I've only read what was reprinted in the Marvel Legends Typhoid Mary trade). I'll also definitely pick up Essentials Vol. 5. Both will allow me to add a little bit more of Vol. 1 to my collection.

Nice to see 'Parts of a Hole' get it's own HC. Even if I already have it collected with 'Guardian Devil'.

I'll also be hoping that the beginning of the Diggle/De La Torre run gets the HC treatment. I'll pick up trades if need be, but I much prefer HCs.

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I am so glad they are publishing the Nocenti run. Can't wait to add this trade to my collection. Hope nothing happens between now and March to change the plan. It seems like a lot can happen between initial solicitations and holding the actual product in your hand.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also nice that they're including Daredevil: The List in the first Diggle trade after they left the DD/Tarantula out of the Bru trade. I honestly don't get Marvel's trade policy these days. Some people buy floppies, some people buy trades. I feel like Marvel should recognize this and try to make both crowds happy instead of trying to milk more money out of the random one shots.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read any of Nocenti's DD. Maybe I should check out that collection.

As for Marvel's TPB policy, usually they're pretty good at including one-shots and short stories in their TPBs, but sometimes they do omit things. I agree, it'd be nice to have that Brubaker Black Tarantula one-shot collected somewhere - I'm hoping it might find its way into the second Brubaker DD Omnibus (if there is one).
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a collected "The List" trade is coming out (collecting all the various one-shots) I bet it's a mistake and Daredevil: The List won't be in the next DD trade. We can always hope but I'd be surprised if it was there.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like that one time they said, in the solicits to it (and in the description at Amazon.com), that the Hell to Pay part 2 TPB would've had the annual in it, and then it was nowhere to be found. What a disappointment.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see that Marvel is finally getting around to reprinting Nocenti's DD work. Now, if they would just get around to reprinting more of Denny O'Neil's work...........
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Since a collected "The List" trade is coming out (collecting all the various one-shots) I bet it's a mistake and Daredevil: The List won't be in the next DD trade. We can always hope but I'd be surprised if it was there.

Diggle recently confirmed on another messageboard that the one-shot will definitely be included in his first TPB.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an Echo fan and she is basically the reason I got stuck with New Avengers. I love HC's be it oversized or premiere edition. Recently picked up Deadpool: Suicide Kings (DD is in the mini-series) and Daredevil: Noir. I HOPE TO GOD THAT THERE WILL BE A HARDCOVER REPRINT OF "ECHO-VISION QUEST". And also the slightly-lame "Playing To The Camera" storyline. With the second BruLark omnibus, these would be the only ones that has not seen the light of HC reprint. Save of course for the new ones from Diggle.
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
james castle wrote:

Diggle recently confirmed on another messageboard that the one-shot will definitely be included in his first TPB.

Excellent, cause I don't have that one-shot but I always get the trades.
edmundlaukm
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggle's run is shaping to be another classic one in the vein of Bru/Lark. I'm not picking up the TPB - will hold my breath until they put out the run in Omnibus format (hopefully).

The Nocenti trade is a must. Here's hoping that Marvel will rerelease the Chichester ones as well.

Also love the Echo stories. I got the first HC (with the missing issue #12).

~ Edmund
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmundlaukm wrote:
Diggle's run is shaping to be another classic one in the vein of Bru/Lark. I'm not picking up the TPB - will hold my breath until they put out the run in Omnibus format (hopefully).

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see whether Diggle's run gets the Omnibus treatment.
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are a LONG way off from any possibility of a Diggle Omnibus. Let's let him tell a story first, make it through 18 plus issues and hope they are worth collecting.
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Nocenti LONE STRANGER trade in today from Amazon. Highly recommend!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: