Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

SHADOWLAND #2 Preview and Discussion *SPOILERS*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: SHADOWLAND #2 Preview and Discussion *SPOILERS* Reply with quote

Here's the preview for SHADOWLAND #2... please use this thread for discussion when it ships this week!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Shadowland-2
DDTattoo
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even if they hadn't revealed it in the last issue of DD, I think it's pretty clear from this issue that Matt's under Hand control. Killing Bullseye was one thing, but ordering his ninjas to take a group of his friends "Dead or alive"? Way out of line.
Also, Ghost Rider is an ancient enemy of the Hand? I clearly need to study my Ghost Rider mythology.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I officially reached event fatigue.

Ghost Rider breaks into Shadowland, along with someone that I think is Moon Knight (only because their internal monologue earlier in the book had a moon beside the boxes), but Daredevil mistakenly thinks it was arranged by Power Man, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Spider-Man, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing, and sics the Hand on them. So they all fight, just in time for the pages to run out. Of course they fight.

A misunderstanding? Really? The new Daredevil might as well be Mr. Roper.
The Mast
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds reasonable, Dimitre.

Try discerning what's true and what isn't when you are under control by magic, and have your recognised friends telling you something opposite.

People complain about event fatigue, but that's when Marvel sell their best numbers. Someone's buying them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDTattoo wrote:

Also, Ghost Rider is an ancient enemy of the Hand? I clearly need to study my Ghost Rider mythology.

May be a new component of his new mythos for this is the first I've heard of it as well. I've wondered why he's involved in an event that's been described as just for the street-level fighters of the MU.
Minion
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Anthony Johnston Misty Knight is still pregnant but still not showing. She's only in what? Her twelfth month?
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either I am easy to please,or I am really reading Shadowland to enjoy it and not to look for what is wrong with it. But damn...I love Shadowland #2!

The Ghost Rider bit is the only thing I found to be challenging to swallow.
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostrider has battled the Hand before in the pages of DD, sorry not sure which issues but it involved a big Sumo type female ninja too and think it was in a church?

I think the event has been not bad so far, just a bit sad that its a DD event but not really DD thats starring in it, slight let down.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further re-reading, I think the Ghost Rider element works better. If the Hand (or some secret sect within) serve a mystical entity such as the Beast, then it would make sense the group could earn the ire of other supernatural creatures like the demon Ghost Rider. Plus, with all the new directions and twists that's been added to the GR mythos recently, this connection to the Hand just adds another whole new layer to the character.

Besides, his crashing and bashing through the Shadowland dungeon looked cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: