Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Good Daredevil Team-up Stories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeWithoutFear
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Good Daredevil Team-up Stories? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm looking for some cool Daredevil team-up stories. Y'know, where like there are some bad guys' plot that needs to be foiled and for whatever reason it requires 5 or 6 heroes to work together?

I'm not talking about something (lame) like Original Sin where there are some tie-ins in the DD book and the event itself is so stretched so thin that spotting your favorite hero is sort of like Where's Waldo.

No, the kind of stories that come to my mind are based on my younger days of reading Spider-Man. Let's run down a few off the top of my head...

"Round Robin" teams Spidey up with...
Moon Knight, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova, and Darkhawk.

"Revenge of the Sinister Six" teams Spidey up with...
Deathlok, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Nova, Solo, and the Fantastic Four.

"Maximium Carnage" teams Spidey up with...
Venom, Cloak+Dagger, Cap'n A, Firestar, Mobius, and more.

Maybe some of those stories and casts were cheesy, but, that's my comic book hey day right there! Still love those stories!!

Anyway, point is, the team comes together and mostly stays together for a good part of the story.... more or less.

So, I'm wondering if there are any stories like that where DAREDEVIL is either the nucleus of the team or a major team member.

All recommendations welcome!! Much appreciated!! ^_^
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really haven't been that many, and those of which I'm aware aren't very good.

In the Silver Age, there was a story involving Doctor Doom that ended up crossing over into Fantastic Four. That was around when Doom switched bodies with Daredevil.

A few years later there was a story that unfolded in the pages of both Daredevil and The Invincible Iron Man. This is when Gerry Conway was writing both series. I can't remember the story at all.

I have the first issue of Marvel Knights. I didn't buy any further issues. Take from that what you will.

I have never bought an issue of Avengers with Daredevil as a team member.

You seem familiar with Waid's work on Daredevil, so you probably are already familiar with the Omega Effect, with Daredevil, Spider-Man and Punisher, with a little Black Cat thrown in. I found it pretty good.

However, to me, Daredevil is a solo act. There really haven't been many good stories with him teaming up with others.
JoeWithoutFear
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
A few years later there was a story that unfolded in the pages of both Daredevil and The Invincible Iron Man. This is when Gerry Conway was writing both series. I can't remember the story at all.

Hmm, not the strongest case made, but, any idea when this occurred or in what number books?

Dimetre wrote:

Again, is there a certain time period or books number to check for this? I also have only vague memories of DD in that group.

Dimetre wrote:
You seem familiar with Waid's work on Daredevil, so you probably are already familiar with the Omega Effect, with Daredevil, Spider-Man and Punisher, with a little Black Cat thrown in. I found it pretty good.

Yes! I enjoyed that quite a bit!!

Dimetre wrote:
However, to me, Daredevil is a solo act. There really haven't been many good stories with him teaming up with others.

Yea, kinda seems that way. I just like seeing the heroes interact (without punching each other) and I also like to see a street-level like Daredevil interact with the larger hero-verse. ....not like I'd want to see DD in space or anything like that. Just, the slightly bigger picture.

Thanks for making some suggestions!

Anyone else?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil will team up with a single hero on many occasions and even two heroes when those two are Luke Cage and Danny Rand (actually, another example would be when their names are Gorgon and Kanak). Similarly, he's teamed up with Black Widow and Spider-Man. But none of those seem to be what you're looking for.

Daredevil's not enough of a team player (and, frankly, often didn't have enough clout) for a lot of what you're thinking of. I can probably give you far more examples of Daredevil fighting another Marvel hero (Spider-Man, Namor, Hulk, Punisher, Wolverine, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, etc.).

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
JoeWithoutFear
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mike Murdock

Yea, I think you're right on. Thanks for the info.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeWithoutFear wrote:
Dimetre wrote:

Hmm, not the strongest case made, but, any idea when this occurred or in what number books?

Invincible Iron Man #35, Daredevil #73 and Invincible Iron Man #36 (1971).

Dimetre wrote:

Again, is there a certain time period or books number to check for this? I also have only vague memories of DD in that group.[/quote]
He joined the New Avengers a few years ago, apparently during Fear Itself. (New Avengers Vol. 2 #16). It seems the New Avengers broke up after the events of Avengers vs. X-Men.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: